Reader 2
MommaKelli
0 Kudos

Downloads won't come through

I downloaded some ebooks but they didn't show up on my screen. I tried to go to my library on my Nook to sync it, and the little arrows just keep going round & round! I have an account, my credit card on file is up to date, tried turning it off & turning it back on... Nothing. I can get on the Internet (clear connection) but for some reason my books won't come through. What should I do?

New User
Missy3411
0 Kudos

Re: Downloads won't come through

I bought my nook last night and when I got home I had the same issue downloading the books. It would start, then a message pops up  Queued: Will complete shortly.  I called nook phone support 3 times this morning and had various answers as to why this was happening, and I did everything from turn the wifi off and back on, unregistered & reregister my nook, pull the books out of my library & archive them then to return them back to the library.  All to no avail.  I finally got someone on the phone that said my router was not compatible with the nook and that I should have been advised that by the sales associate that sold me the nook instore.  No one said a word to me about it, it is not listed in any documentation online, so this was quite a surprise to me.  Apparently the wifi nook is only compatible with B and G routers, not N which I have. I was also told that the color nook does not have any compatibility issues, but I really feel like I'm being strong armed into buying a color nook, as if its the only option besides going to B&N or McDonald's or Starbucks to use their free wifi, or downloading the books to my laptop then transferring them to the nook.  (Which I did and the books are not able to open on the nook.  Getting an error that its not a compatible format.  I followed the directions the support rep emailed and I'm still having issues.)

I'd suggest checking your router model.  I believe there is a way to change the router settings to allow it to be compatible, but I'm having a hard time tracking that info down so far.  I'm on the verge of returning the nook b/c this is turning in to way more of a nightmare than I signed up for....which really stinks!  Good luck.

New User
aLibrarian
0 Kudos

Sounds like a ridiculous BS answer to me (not yours, the uncompatible router answer) - I have a NOOK Color and the last two books I ordered won't download on to it (won't even show up on my nook anywhere), so I wonder what answer they'll give me? 

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Alot of these download problems stem from a corupted book file that the Nook can't download hence causing nothing to down load. the solution is to have B&N remove the file. then try to reload it. Try downloading it into Nook for Pc and see if it is readable.

aLibrarian wrote:

Sounds like a ridiculous BS answer to me (not yours, the uncompatible router answer) - I have a NOOK Color and the last two books I ordered won't download on to it (won't even show up on my nook anywhere), so I wonder what answer they'll give me? 

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

Have all of you tried a hard reboot? Turn it off, shut it down completely not sleep mode. Wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on.

That has solved the problem for me the few times I've gotten the endless spinning arrows.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@MommaKelli

@Missy3411

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

If the problem is that your routers are broadcasting on the N band, it should be a relatively easy problem to solve.

On the Setup screens for the router, check your wireless options.  If you see choices like "N", "G" or "Mixed", change your choice to "Mixed":  this will continue to give you "N" access for your devices that are compatible with it, and also give you "G" access that your Nook/NookColor can use.

Good luck.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I downloaded 3 books last night and 2 today without any issues so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the B&N servers.

New User
Cs1958
0 Kudos

You were exactly Right!  I had archived a book that I had tried and tried to download back onto my shelves. I kept getting the arrow circling and never getting it done.  I completely shut my Nook down and repowered back on and it downloaded with no problem.  Thanks for an answer I should have thought of myself! 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:56 members 363 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: