Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
MommaKelli
0 Kudos

Downloads won't come through

I downloaded some ebooks but they didn't show up on my screen. I tried to go to my library on my Nook to sync it, and the little arrows just keep going round & round! I have an account, my credit card on file is up to date, tried turning it off & turning it back on... Nothing. I can get on the Internet (clear connection) but for some reason my books won't come through. What should I do?

New User
Missy3411
0 Kudos

Re: Downloads won't come through

I bought my nook last night and when I got home I had the same issue downloading the books. It would start, then a message pops up  Queued: Will complete shortly.  I called nook phone support 3 times this morning and had various answers as to why this was happening, and I did everything from turn the wifi off and back on, unregistered & reregister my nook, pull the books out of my library & archive them then to return them back to the library.  All to no avail.  I finally got someone on the phone that said my router was not compatible with the nook and that I should have been advised that by the sales associate that sold me the nook instore.  No one said a word to me about it, it is not listed in any documentation online, so this was quite a surprise to me.  Apparently the wifi nook is only compatible with B and G routers, not N which I have. I was also told that the color nook does not have any compatibility issues, but I really feel like I'm being strong armed into buying a color nook, as if its the only option besides going to B&N or McDonald's or Starbucks to use their free wifi, or downloading the books to my laptop then transferring them to the nook.  (Which I did and the books are not able to open on the nook.  Getting an error that its not a compatible format.  I followed the directions the support rep emailed and I'm still having issues.)

I'd suggest checking your router model.  I believe there is a way to change the router settings to allow it to be compatible, but I'm having a hard time tracking that info down so far.  I'm on the verge of returning the nook b/c this is turning in to way more of a nightmare than I signed up for....which really stinks!  Good luck.

New User
aLibrarian
0 Kudos

Sounds like a ridiculous BS answer to me (not yours, the uncompatible router answer) - I have a NOOK Color and the last two books I ordered won't download on to it (won't even show up on my nook anywhere), so I wonder what answer they'll give me? 

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Alot of these download problems stem from a corupted book file that the Nook can't download hence causing nothing to down load. the solution is to have B&N remove the file. then try to reload it. Try downloading it into Nook for Pc and see if it is readable.

aLibrarian wrote:

Sounds like a ridiculous BS answer to me (not yours, the uncompatible router answer) - I have a NOOK Color and the last two books I ordered won't download on to it (won't even show up on my nook anywhere), so I wonder what answer they'll give me? 

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

Have all of you tried a hard reboot? Turn it off, shut it down completely not sleep mode. Wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on.

That has solved the problem for me the few times I've gotten the endless spinning arrows.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@MommaKelli

@Missy3411

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

If the problem is that your routers are broadcasting on the N band, it should be a relatively easy problem to solve.

On the Setup screens for the router, check your wireless options.  If you see choices like "N", "G" or "Mixed", change your choice to "Mixed":  this will continue to give you "N" access for your devices that are compatible with it, and also give you "G" access that your Nook/NookColor can use.

Good luck.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I downloaded 3 books last night and 2 today without any issues so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the B&N servers.

New User
Cs1958
0 Kudos

You were exactly Right!  I had archived a book that I had tried and tried to download back onto my shelves. I kept getting the arrow circling and never getting it done.  I completely shut my Nook down and repowered back on and it downloaded with no problem.  Thanks for an answer I should have thought of myself! 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 189 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: