Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Ragnar141
0 Kudos

Error c7850

Hi there,

just recently got my nook at the beginning of the mouth and have been loving it, got me back into the habit of reading everyday...until later today when after getting home from work when I found I couldn't open any of my books or my pdf documents, which was weird because I was reading on it on my lunch break. When I go to open a book the screen flashes like it would do when loading a book but then it would go back to the previous screen. I tried a hard reset which wiped everything and put the software to 1.2. It asked to register to a new account or an existing account but when I tried both of the options it comes up with error code c7850. The nook lost the password too my wireless router, after resetting that up and then I tried to register and the same error came up. After looking in the setting menu I found that the serial number had changed to "0".

I sided loaded the update to 1.4 but it's still giving me the same error. I've been trying to get a hold of customer service for like 4 hours but i can't get through. .:smileysad:

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Error c7850

@Ragnar141

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

If your Nook's serial number is gone, I think it's dead, and B&N will need to send you a new one.  This happened with my first one, and they turned it around very quickly.

Try Customer Service again, Option 2 for Digital Support.  Good luck!

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Reader
Ragnar141
0 Kudos

Re: Error c7850

Thanks for the help ABthree

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 248 guests