Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
knee
0 Kudos

Ewish List

I am fairly new to the Nook and so far love it but am I missing something about the ewish list.  I think you should be agble to sort it by title or author but on the nook it seems it appears in the order you placed them on the list.  I know if you are looking at the list on the computer you can sort by title.  Just seems like a no brainer to me.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Re: Ewish List

You can sort by title or author.  If you scroll down on your touch screen there is a sort option when you're in your library.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Knee,

You are correct that you cannot sort your ewish list by author. However, if you go to the "My B&N" tab above, then scroll down your "My B&N" page, you will see a section on the right that says "My Ebook Wish List" If you click on that, you will find that you can sort your ewish list by 3 categories: date added, title or priority. Just click on one of the three headings at the top of the tab. That order will then show up on your nook the next time you go to "shop: my ewish list".

And you're right; it's a no-brainer to add a "sort by author" tab to the ewish list. I've been silently grumbling about the lack for months, without posting. It's apparently not a high priority for other users; if anyone has posted on this topic before (EWISH list sorting, not "My Library or My documents sorting") I haven't seen it.  LOTS of posting on the sorting feature for My Library and My Documents.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

laurieb52 wrote:

Knee,

You are correct that you cannot sort your ewish list by author. However, if you go to the "My B&N Tab above, then scroll down your "My B&N" page, you will see a section on the right that says "My Ebook Wish List" If you click on that, you will find that you can sort your ewish list by 3 categories: date added, title or priority. Just click on one of the three headings at the top of the tab. That order will then show up on your nook the next time you go to shop: my ewish list.

And you're right; it's a no-brainer to add a "sort by author" tab to the ewish list. I've been silently grumbling about the lack for months, without posting. It's apparently not a high priority for other users; if anyone has posted on this topic before (EWISH list sorting, not "My Library or My documents sorting") I haven't seen it.  LOTS of posting on the sorting feature for My Library and My Documents.

I haven't seen it either (which is why I misread it :smileywink:).  It would be a helpful way to keep track of things.

Contributor
Woofhoundz
0 Kudos

I agree one should be able to sort the ewish list by author, title, date added and priority.  I have mine saved by date added, however when I add a new ebook, i have to resort it by the date and it never keeps the most current date on top.  THEY REALLY NEED TO FIX THIS.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 256 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: