Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
1jan51
0 Kudos

Fix my nook

I charged my nook played a few min. turned it off and now it won't come on again what should I do?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Fix my nook

New User
shorebird43
0 Kudos

I HAVE THAT PROBLEM WITH MY FIRST ED. NOOK

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

shorebird43 wrote:

I HAVE THAT PROBLEM WITH MY FIRST ED. NOOK

In most forums making the entire post capitalized is considered shouting, Please don't shout. Where boldface isn't available a few words in caps would be considered appropriate. But boldface is available here.

1. Does the LED adjacent to the USB connection light up when you connect the cord, plug the cord into the charger and plug the charger into a live outlet? If it starts yellow does it eventually change to green?
  2. Does plugging the cord into the USB port on a computer make any difference? How about when you try another USB charger (AC or for use in an automobile)?
  3. Have you used another device to verify that the AC outlet is active?
  4. If you're located near a B&N store have you taken your Nook to the store and had the associate assigned to the Nook counter try it?
  5. First Edition only: have you disconnected and reconnected the battery? Note that other Nook models aren't designed to be opened by the consumer and doing so will probably void any warranty or maintenance contract that applies to it..

Some First Edition units are getting old enough that their batteries could be expected to fail. This is just the way that type of battery ages and might vary depending on the individual battery's charge and discharge history. Unfortunately B&N chose to discontinue replacement batteries about the time early customer's Fist Edition warranties started running out (hmmm, I wonder if the batteries weren't selling well before the warranty periods started running out).

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 634 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: