Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
tinkerbell143
0 Kudos

Font Size

How can i change the Font Size on the nook inoder to make reading enjoyable??.. i can't find the setting :/

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Re: Font Size

[ Edited ]

The Nook First Edition comes preloaded with a User Guide.

• Tap the home emblem (the white "n") twice to reach the main menu
  • If necessary swipe horizontally to make the "my library" icon visible
  • Tap the "my library" icon.
  • Tap "Go to My Documents" (scroll if necessary) If the top of the e-Ink screen displays "My Documents" you're already there.
  • Use the page change buttons to find the page that lists Nook User Guide
  • Use the up/down arrows on the color LCD screen to highlight and open the Nook User Guide
  • Use the "Go to" | "Chapter" function to find the "reading" chapter. You will need to swipe vertically to scroll to that chapter (it's quite a way down the list). Tap to go to that chapter.
  • Turn pages to reach the section on "To change the Reader text size:" (page 82 in Nook User Guide version 1.6 but  the page number may be different if you're reading a different version. It might take multiple page turns to view each numbered "page")

Note that some eBook publishers choose to disable Font and/or Font Size changes in individual eBooks to preserve their formatting.

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A
0 Kudos

These instructions are for the Nook Classic (Nook 1E). On the color touch screen, scroll down to the bottom until you see "Preferences". Tap on this. Text size is one of your choices, tap on this and you can choose your text size. You might take RobertVA's suggestion and read the instruction manual, now that you know how to enlarge the text. Enjoy your Nook.
New User
NannyBT
0 Kudos

Can hardly read Facebook posts. Can the font be increased

New User
drbreuer
0 Kudos

Re: Font Size In the User Guide I was able to change the font size so it is easier to read.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 752 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: