01-24-2012 05:04 PM - edited 01-24-2012 05:15 PM
The Nook First Edition comes preloaded with a User Guide.
- Tap the home emblem (the white "n") twice to reach the main menu
- If necessary swipe horizontally to make the "my library" icon visible
- Tap the "my library" icon.
- Tap "Go to My Documents" (scroll if necessary) If the top of the e-Ink screen displays "My Documents" you're already there.
- Use the page change buttons to find the page that lists Nook User Guide
- Use the up/down arrows on the color LCD screen to highlight and open the Nook User Guide
- Use the "Go to" | "Chapter" function to find the "reading" chapter. You will need to swipe vertically to scroll to that chapter (it's quite a way down the list). Tap to go to that chapter.
- Turn pages to reach the section on "To change the Reader text size:" (page 82 in Nook User Guide version 1.6 but the page number may be different if you're reading a different version. It might take multiple page turns to view each numbered "page")
Note that some eBook publishers choose to disable Font and/or Font Size changes in individual eBooks to preserve their formatting.
01-24-2012 08:41 PM