Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
Andrew_C
0 Kudos

Free eBook searching on the nook?

I was just wondering if it was possible to search for just the free books that Google offers on the nook. I know I can get them onto my computer and then just drop them into my nook, but I was curious if there was a way to look up ONLY the free Google books while I'm out and about or something.

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

Re: Free eBook searching on the nook?

I haven't found a way yet.  The store within the Nook isn't all that great.  I pretty much do all my searching on my computer and add the books to my eWish list for purchase later.

Reader 4
ProudBibliophile
0 Kudos

I don't know if there is a way to just search for free google books on the nook, however if you enter 0.00 in the search criteria all of the free books will be displayed.  The books that are offered by google are noted next to the name of the book.  I have searched for fiction 0.00, biography 0.00, and those books do display so perhaps if you search google 0.00 it may show.  Not 100% sure on that one.  Sorry

Frequent Contributor
harkinat0r
0 Kudos

I also recommend following the BN eBook (make sure it is their specific eBook twitter feed as they have several) on twitter.  They tell you about new releases and in the last week they offered up one day specials for free eBooks.  I havent even opened them yet, but of course, I downloaded them immediately in case I ever need something to picket up and read.  I suggest that because lately they have been throwing out free books.

Reader 2
jcbookwormMA
0 Kudos

if you go to shop and put in free books in the search all the google free books will come up

New User
BAAD4
0 Kudos

Yes there is--- When searching try using a description and then behind it add 0.00 (that will reference the price). 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 287 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: