Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
agilescout
0 Kudos

Frustrated: I cannot get my replacement NOOK from BN

I am so, so frustrated. Posting here feels like an act of desparation. In early December 2011, my husband sent my bricked 1st edition to B&N for replacement, as directed by B&N. Now, over three months later, we still have not been able to get B&N to send us our replacement device. We have called customer service several times over the three months. We have been told several times that it would ship. It never has. There seems to be some sort of irregularity that causes our Nook to get hung up at the point of shipping, then it just fizzles and noone at B&N ever, ever follows up. We just wait a couple of weeks to receive it and then call back and start the process all over.

There is nothing squirrelly about the situation from our end. We bought the Nook in store for $259. B&N directed us to return our device so that it could be replaced. And the closest we have gotten is them shipping it to an incorrect address. We have spent hours on the phone with Customer Support, have e-mailed, and at every point, it feels like B&N has dropped the ball.

Is this the norm or are we a special case? I love my Nook, but I cannot believe how bad the service we have had is. I don't understand how a huge company like this can neglect to follow through on replacement for over 3 months. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else out there has had a comparable experience. Also, I am just so frustrated, I want to say out loud that B&N has had my NOOK for over three months and for no good reason will not give it back. At least if I post this here, someone who works for B&N might see it and be embarrassed enough to help me get results, and others will hear what crummy customer support B&N is capable of.

Frustrated and Nook-less in Texas,

Agilescout

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Frustrated: I cannot get my replacement NOOK from BN

Yours is an unusual case, but not as unique as it should be.  Send a PM to Alex (one of the admins); hopefully he'll be able to help you get your nook.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/464668

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Frustrated: I cannot get my replacement NOOK from BN

While I wouldn't call it typical, there have been some pretty bad cases.  see http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-First-Edition-General/Does-Anybody-Get-Real-Help-With-No... and look at kristikev's ordeal in getting her N1E replaced.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 966 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: