New User
-Book_Worm
0 Kudos

Games!?!?!?!

Are there anymore games that can be downloaded? Or is there just those two games?

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: Games!?!?!?!

If you have not soft-rooted your nook, then just those two.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@gandalf1369,

Please be aware of what the Standard Warranty does not cover including unauthorized opening, use, service, tampering, alteration, repair or modification.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/protectionplan/standard/index.asp

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Michael-V,

I never said ANYTHING about warranties, opening, use, service, tampering, alteration, repair or modification.  All I did was answer the OP's question about more games.  Nor did I give the OP any instructions, links, etc. about soft-rooting.

What exactly was the purpose of your reply to me ??

Inspired Wordsmith
sirwillard
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

To clarify for the originating OP that softrooting will invalidate the warranty and is probably not a good idea. On these boards, where folks are not technical, generally, it's a very bad idea to mention softrooting at all, much less without warning about the dangers and warranty restrictions.

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/wekempf
Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

sirwillard wrote:

To clarify for the originating OP that softrooting will invalidate the warranty and is probably not a good idea. On these boards, where folks are not technical, generally, it's a very bad idea to mention softrooting at all, much less without warning about the dangers and warranty restrictions.

Agreed, however Michael-V directed the reply to me.  The OP asked a question and I answered in a straight forward factual manner, neither advocating the process or warning about possible warranty issues.  If the OP had asked further about soft-rooting then I fully agree that the warning about invalidating their warranty should be mentioned.

Inspired Wordsmith
sirwillard

You agreed with me, and quoted the whole thing. This means you agree that:

1. Mentioning softrooting on these boards is generally a bad idea.

2. Not warning about the dangers and possible warranty issues if you do mention softrooting is even worse.

You did both. Michael-V's response, to me, was a simple warning about this fact. You did something that you admit is a bad idea, and Michael-V pointed it out, which served the dual purpose of warning the original OP. It doesn't matter that you didn't recommend softrooting, the OP could have easily thought you implied it. Also, warning only if the OP asks about softrooting is dangerous, because the OP may never have asked, and simply looked up how to do it elsewhere based on simply on your mentioning it.

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/wekempf
Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

sirwillard wrote:

You agreed with me, and quoted the whole thing. This means you agree that:

1. Mentioning softrooting on these boards is generally a bad idea.

2. Not warning about the dangers and possible warranty issues if you do mention softrooting is even worse.

You did both. Michael-V's response, to me, was a simple warning about this fact. You did something that you admit is a bad idea, and Michael-V pointed it out, which served the dual purpose of warning the original OP. It doesn't matter that you didn't recommend softrooting, the OP could have easily thought you implied it. Also, warning only if the OP asks about softrooting is dangerous, because the OP may never have asked, and simply looked up how to do it elsewhere based on simply on your mentioning it.

I did nothing that I think "was a bad idea".  I simply answered the OP's question.  If you search this forum for the term "softroot" you will find at least 30 threads that mention it.   I guess all of us did something bad . . . .

New User
Perrynm
0 Kudos

Why can we only have 2 games when the Kindel has quite a few

that are free games, like solitare?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe

@ Perrynm,

Because the nook is not the Kindle?