New User
Valkyrie_Drako
0 Kudos

Got a B&N gift card. how can I add it on my nook so I dont have to use my default card?

I'm still new to the nook and would like to know many things. Its was a gift for my birthday and the quick start guide was not enough. The user guide seems like a novel itself so I would like to just get to the point with things I want to know. I accidentally downloaded a free book I don't want so how do I erase it? Also of course I got the gift card thing I would like to use to purchase more books on my nook. One last thing, (sorry if I'm just annoying now) how do you change the screen saver when the nook sleeps? Right now it just alternates to different old school writers who I have mad respect for but I thought we had options for others. thanks for all your support and letting me write your ear off. Help me with what you can and I will be forever in debt to your priceless advice. thank you and have a good day/night.

Love always,

Valkyrie Drako

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Got a B&N gift card. how can I add it on my nook so I dont have to use my default card?

@Valkyrie_Drako

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

You can add gift cards to your account here:

https://cart4.barnesandnoble.com/account/request.aspx?x=&stage=manageGiftCards

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Correspondent
tabascobaby
0 Kudos

Re: Got a B&N gift card. how can I add it on my nook so I dont have to use my default card?

Valkyrie_Drako wrote:

I'm still new to the nook and would like to know many things. Its was a gift for my birthday and the quick start guide was not enough. The user guide seems like a novel itself so I would like to just get to the point with things I want to know. I accidentally downloaded a free book I don't want so how do I erase it? Also of course I got the gift card thing I would like to use to purchase more books on my nook. One last thing, (sorry if I'm just annoying now) how do you change the screen saver when the nook sleeps? Right now it just alternates to different old school writers who I have mad respect for but I thought we had options for others. thanks for all your support and letting me write your ear off. Help me with what you can and I will be forever in debt to your priceless advice. thank you and have a good day/night.

Love always,

Valkyrie Drako

To delete a sample you need to be at bn.com and then under "my Account" go to "My nook LIbrary" underneath the area that says "buy" there is a smaller button that says delete, hit that and it is gone from you nook.  To change your screensaver, go into 'Settings' scroll down to 'display' tehn 'screensaver' and choose from the options. If you don't like those options you can sideload others (you can find tehm online, or make one yourself) Good luck and Happy Reading!

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

DELETING: I'll add to what tabascolady said about permantly deleting titles.  You can also temporarily delete items from the device by using the archive function.  depending on which nook you have, this is found in the book options.   This deletes the book off of the device but you still own it on your online account.

SCEEN SAVERS:  There are some other themed screensavers on the nook.  Go to settings and look for display or screen settings to choose a screensaver.  Also check out http://www.nook-look.com/

for some instructions (top right) to create your own and some nice downloads to use.  There are other sites out there too.

GIFT CARDS:  Helpful tip: Once you save a gift card to your account, your payment for purchases will automatically be made with that card until it is used up. This amount is withdrawn from the card immediately, however, it may take up to 24 hours for your account page to update that  gift card amount.  This freaked me out at first but there was no need  :smileyhappy:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:32 members 433 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: