Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Starearedkid
0 Kudos

Great Customer Service!

This morning I noticed a slight crack on the right forward side button. I immediately was hesitant about calling B&N, because I haven't had any problems with it so far--and I was one of the ones that received it in the first shipment. And, I hate talking on the phone. So I sucked it up and called--and was completely floored by their excellent customer service. 

I had very little wait time--maybe 10 minutes total (IF that); and they are sending a replacement out to me this week. 

Just great customer service all around :smileyhappy: 

Correspondent
katworley
0 Kudos

Re: Great Customer Service!

Good to hear.... it appears that over the last couple of months two things have happened. First, the initial crush of support calls with the new device have tapered off, so people aren't having to wait for extended periods of time. Second, the cracked page forward button has been recognized as a "known issue", so the affected nooks are being replaced without debate. This is as it should be. I'm glad that you got it taken care of, and I'm glad that the B&N CS people have a handle on the problem.

History: Special people, in special places, at special times
Anthropology: everyone else the rest of the time...
Frequent Contributor
harkinat0r
0 Kudos

I've heard that it's not a matter of IF your page button will crack, but WHEN if you are someone who uses it exclusively to turn the pages.  I prefer the button to the swipe but I'm trying to get used to the swipe because I want to avoid the dreaded cracked button.  You would think that in some durability test, that issue would have been sorted before launch.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

harkinat0r wrote:

I've heard that it's not a matter of IF your page button will crack, but WHEN if you are someone who uses it exclusively to turn the pages.  I prefer the button to the swipe but I'm trying to get used to the swipe because I want to avoid the dreaded cracked button.  You would think that in some durability test, that issue would have been sorted before launch.

It might have tested fine in QA before the nooks went to mass production.  This sounds like an issue with the materials from the plastics manufacturer.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 595 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: