Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
MyChariot7
0 Kudos

HELP! Folders (as viewed on computer) are empty since v1.5 update;

After the firmware update to v.1.5 all seemed ok. My Documents and the B/N lib were a-ok.

THEN, i decided to check the Nook folders structure  using my computer. The main memory is kaput, zilch, nada, nothing there.

All Nook folders are empty. Also gone are factory pre-set Screen Savers. Calibre also indicates that Device main memory is empty.

Does anyone have any suggestions to repairing this glitch? The bright side: B/N lib not lost :smileywink:

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

Re: HELP! Folders (as viewed on computer) are empty since v1.5 update;

Can you read the books on your nook?

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Reader 4
MyChariot7
0 Kudos

Yes. But since the update v.1.5, the files are empty when I look at the Nook's structure in the Finder (MBP). 

Thank You in advance :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Well if you can read books on the nook under 1.5, then I assure you the folders are not empty.

If you have a screen saver, those are not gone either.

It should be obvious to you that if you can read and see screen savers, and the nook works, but nothing shows up on the Macbook, the problem must be the MacBook.  You Macbook is lying to you.   Borrow a different computer.

We can't help you fix your nook since it isn't broken.

Contributor
an2bpel
0 Kudos

I'm not a computer expert but when you updated to the 1.5, did you just drag it to the main nook icon or did you open nook and add it to one of the folders.  I know I read that can mess up your folders.  Have you tried unregistering and re-registering your nook - not factory reset but just re-register.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Nah, that won't mess up your folders, but it won't update either.  It only looks at the root of the drive for updates.

Again, careful reading of the complaint says that the nook is working just fine.  Its the computer that is out to lunch.

Reader 4
MyChariot7
0 Kudos

Thank you one and all for your replies.

To ans one of the helpers: I didn't do a manual process of the update, the update was via wifi

Yes, I can download from B/N and my NookBooks are there and readable.

Considering the issues that some folks are having, I'm actually doing alright. 

Final outcome: Going to let well-enough alone. 

Again thank you

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

MyChariot7 wrote:

Final outcome: Going to let well-enough alone. 

But you should really find out what's up with that Mac.

After all, you might want to side load some books from other sources.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 274 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: