Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Topsy22
0 Kudos

Hair line crack in frame

My Nook has developed a hairline crack just below the right-hand page advance "carot".  It definitely flexes when I press to advance a page. I only noticed this because I was reading out of door this morning and it was very obvious..  I'm wondering if this is a design flaw? I've only had the Nook for 2 1/2 months so it's till under warantee so i may have to follow-up to try and get it replaced.

DD
Frequent Contributor
chesspain
0 Kudos

Re: Hair line crack in frame

Topsy22 wrote:

My Nook has developed a hairline crack just below the right-hand page advance "carot".  It definitely flexes when I press to advance a page. I only noticed this because I was reading out of door this morning and it was very obvious..  I'm wondering if this is a design flaw? I've only had the Nook for 2 1/2 months so it's till under warantee so i may have to follow-up to try and get it replaced.

This is a known problem with a percentage of the Nooks sold during the winter and early spring.  Contact B&N for a free replacement.  Use the seach function to find numerous threads on this topic.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@Topsy22

This the classic "cracked button".  B&N has been very good about replacing them -- just talk to Customer Service.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.

They'll replace your NOOK with a new one that has a stronger plastic.

Frequent Contributor
EileenP

Same thing has happened to me, noticed it this morning while reading outside.  I called them right away and they are shipping me the new nook.  I will send the one with the crack back when  the new one arrives.

Customer service was great.

ABthree
0 Kudos

@Topsy22

@EileenP

If you have a microSD card in your Nook, don't forget to take it out before you send the Nook back to B&N.

-- St. Basil the Great+
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Wouldn't hurt to un-register, also.

ABthree
0 Kudos

Josienjoe wrote:

Wouldn't hurt to un-register, also.

Right.  Not now, though -- when your new one comes, and you've registered it and know that it works.

-- St. Basil the Great+
Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Once you unregister you should also reset it to factory setting so everything you sideloaded (wallpapers, books, screensavers, etc). You can do this manually but resetting it to factory settings is by far the easiest thing!!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 251 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: