Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
magistraJL
0 Kudos

Help please

right now, I'm so frustrated with my nook that I wish I had purchased a kindle.  I had to make 3 calls today to tech support.  The first guy was not polite and I go  no where with that problem.  The second call (same problem) was very polite and we resolved the issue quickly.  The 3rd call was just frustrating because it is the THIRD call in one day. 

I changed my email address at my bn account online.  I did this by clicking the CHANGE NAME, EMAIL OR PASSWORD link.  Now, however,  I have 2 accounts. Obviously, one is to change an email address in the CHANGE EMAIL link.     Now, I need to download books to (I guess) the computer so I can move them to the new email account.  How do I do this? 

If this isn't resolve in 24 hrs. this baby may be heading back to the store. 

Thank you.

Correspondent
Rasyr
0 Kudos

Re: Help please

Doug responded to your post in the other forum (the one about the software reader), so I will just quote his answer here since it tells you everything you need to do.

Doug_Pardee wrote:

I don't understand what you've done, so I'm making a guess.

Your NOOK knows your B&N account by its email address. Do not change your account's email address while your NOOK is registered to it.

If you've done that, change your account's email back temporarily. Then unregister your NOOK. It's in Settings>Device.

Once your NOOK is unregistered, then you can change the account's email address. Then reregister your NOOK to the account using the new email address.

If you need to check if you've got something registered to a B&N account, log into that account on your computer and go here: https://cart4.barnesandnoble.com/account/request.aspx?x=&stage=manageDevices but do not unregister from that page. That 'deregister' link is only for when you've lost your NOOK and you want to kill it from being able to rack up charges on your credit card.

When you re-register, your most recent B&N e-book purchases will be automatically downloaded to your NOOK. For older ones, you'll have to tell the NOOK to download them.

By the way, this is the forum for the B&N Reader software for iPads, iPhones, PCs, Macs, etc. There are separate forums for NOOKs.

Tim Dugger
TANSTAAFL
Contributor
magistraJL
0 Kudos

I did post my question there but it was the wrong forum.  I still don't understand his answer which is why I posted here.  I'm sorry but I am still totally confused.  

I changed the email on my bn website account. I have now have books under both email accounts  I need to put them under 1 email account.  How do I do that?  Unless I'm missing something, I assume that if I unregister and return to the other email account that will give me those books but then won't I lose the ones that are in my library now because they under the new email account? 

Some person told me that I needed to download the books from one email account and then upload them to the new email account address.  I don't even know what he is talking about--it threw me into total confusion.

I just want and need to get all my books in one account in some very easy fashion because I sure as heck to not understand this.

Thanks.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

You probably don't want to hear this, but it sounds like the best thing to do is to call Customer Service and select Option 2 for Digital Support.  Slowly and calmly explain the problem to them, and then let them walk you through the solution.

The B&N Customer Service folks really do want to help, and are good at their jobs.  You're going through a rough patch now but you're going to love your Nook, so don't give up.

I hope that this problem is worked out and you can start enjoying your Nook soon. :smileyvery-happy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,998
0 Kudos

magistraJL wrote:

I changed the email on my bn website account. I have now have books under both email accounts

Changing your e-mail address does not give you two accounts. It's the same account, it just has a different e-mail address.

To get two accounts, you'd have to create a second account. You haven't said anything about doing that. You said that "I did this by clicking the CHANGE NAME, EMAIL OR PASSWORD link." That doesn't create a new account; it just changes the e-mail address on your account.

Go change your account's e-mail address back to what it was when you registered your NOOK. If you don't remember what it was, go to Settings on your NOOK and it's listed on that page. Then unregister your NOOK by going to Settings>Device on your NOOK.

Once you've done that, you can change your account to the e-mail address that you want it to be, and register your NOOK to that e-mail address.

Contributor
magistraJL
0 Kudos

Doug,

I understand what you're saying but what I typed is what customer service told me I did because, believe me, I couldn't figure it out.   HE is the one who told me I had two.

I have some books under one email address and some books under another email address.  I can't access all of them at the same time.

I'll call cust serv again.  Maybe I'll get a better answer or someone who is more willing to help me fix this mess as the last guy really wasn't taht helpful.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Do you enter one email address and then log in and then to get to the other books, logout and enter a 2nd email address and log in?  If you do, the you do have two accounts. There is no way for you to transfer books between account.  You might be able to download the books from one account and sideload those books to the Nook, but if you've actually purchased books under two different accounts, CS is the only one who can help.

But 

Contributor
magistraJL
0 Kudos

That is exactly what is going on. 

sigh

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Ok. First we have determined that you apparently have two different accounts.  That didn't happen which you clicked on the change name, email address or password link.  I've done that several time and it doesn't make a new account.  So somehow, you must have set up a new account.  CS is the only ones who might be able to help you because need the books transferred from one account to the other.

You might be able to unregister the nook, register with the old email address, download the books, then unregister and register the nook with the new email address.  This might get all your books on the Nook, I don't know, this is just a guess as I'm not sure exactly how the email address plays into authorizing the books.  I'm not saying this will work or that it won't make things worse to use this idea at your own risk.  But that doesn't solve your problem of having the books in two different accounts.  Again, CS may be able to help by transferring the books to a single account, but that's a maybe also.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@magistraJL,

Can you PM me the email addresses and a contact phone number so that we can reach out to you..?

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@magistraJL,

Also, in your PM can you tell me which email account you would like for us to remove?

What we can do is close the bad account and refund the ones in question so that you can repurchase into the valid account.

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 26 members 427 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: