New User
zoeygirlSR

Help with a Nook that will not turn on.....

After getting off the phone with Barnes and Noble I thought I would pass on some very helpful info. If your Nook will not turn on plug it into the charging unit. While it is plugged in at the exact same time hold in both the U and the power off button for 10 seconds. This should give it enough "juice" to power on. The tech was unsure as to why this happens at time, but this is an almost sure fire way of restarting your Nook. Hope you find this tip useful. I surly did!!! :smileyhappy:

New User
mrscristler

Re: Help with a Nook that will not turn on.....

Thank you so much! It worked and I didnt have to spend time troubleshooting! 

New User
kitkat89
0 Kudos

That actually worked. thanks! usually if it won't turn on i plug it in and push the power and it works but for some reason it just wouldn't this time. And i had full battery! It just randomly shut off in the middle of me using it and wouldn't turn back on. But pushing these two at the same time while plugged in worked. Thank you. They need to fix this problem i think its very common

Reader
Momof1boy
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!!! It worked perfectly! You saved me so much time by posting this! Thanks!!!!
New User
drebea
0 Kudos

Thank you so much. I was freeking out!
It really worked.
New User
jemarino
0 Kudos

This is apparently still a problem. My Nook tablet just shut down with 50% battery and would not turn back on. It did ask me if I wanted to restore to factory settings (which I said no to). Thanks for this tip! Saved me call to customer service.

Hey BN - could this be some kind of an OS crash? Very strange problem.

New User
omar2012
0 Kudos

It worked thank You !
New User
DiBrown
0 Kudos

Thank you soooo much for passing this information on!! It worked.
New User
DocHollidayJH
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for that wonderful post. My wife's Nook would not turn on even after being on the charger over night. We both thought it may be the charger so I put it on the car charger. Went out to the car and gave this a try and WOW!! It worked.  Made her very happy . Thanks again.

New User
fontellabell
0 Kudos

My Nook would not charge. The light did not come on when plugged into charger. I held both power off and U button down for 10 seconds then plugged it in. Light came on and it's working. Thanks for the tip.
New User
BLW64
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for posting this.
New User
sassymunk
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for posting.  It worked like a charm for me. 

New User
WMmom
0 Kudos

Thanks so very much.  That fixed my problem also. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

Reader 2
kathyt123
0 Kudos

but will it keep on happening, or is the fix for good?
Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

I suspect the problem is the battery, for my N1E at least. I use my N1E for backup mostly now that I have a NST, but have noticed problems turning it on the last few times. The battery dies after about a week, even with no use and the device turned off and the nook does not recover quickly from such a state. I figured 15 minutes of charging would be sufficient for a start up, but it took much longer (I don't know exactly how long because I got tired of waiting). My nook is about 2.5 years old so needing a new battery is understandable. Too bad BN didn't carry them longer. A device shouldn't be a throw away item due to a dead battery. I'll get one from amazon, but I'm not very confident that it will last long. I haven't had much luck with third party batteries.
New User
BBgrages3
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for posting!! I just got my Nook for Christmas and it randomly shut off on me at work!! I* was very upset but you saved me with this posting!! So thank you again!

New User
jenpNY
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!
New User
atoria
0 Kudos

Thankyou   I thought another devise lost to me.. I like my nook  it keeps me reading. VAThomas

Contributor
KnitReader2010
0 Kudos

Thank you for posting the solution to this problem.  Didn't know what to do and was DREADING the call to B&N.  I was about to purchase another reader (Sony).  To resolve, I had to hold down the U and power off button for 10 seconds, twice.  It worked, and I have my wonderful reader up and running.  Sorry Sony...I hope to have my 1st edition B&N reader for many, more years!

New User
Reader1EB
0 Kudos

My nook was showing a blank screen but when plugged into charger it showed fully charged,I tried this and it "rebooted", my charger then showed that in fact it was not fully charged, not even enough at that point to turn back on. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:61 members 516 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: