Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

Hey,,,look to the right...

There seems to be a new feature...looks like a "live chat" with CS...

Has that been available for a while?  Any experience with it?

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
Solutions: 0
0 Kudos

Re: Hey,,,look to the right...

I don't see it.  Maybe my adblocker is blocking it?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
HarryO53
0 Kudos

Not seeing it here either.  I have my ad-blocker disabled and can see everythign else on the site.

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

It's on the "home page" for this Board...once you start reading a thread, it's not available.  It's not a "pop-up" so I don't believe it would be blocked.

I didn't see any announcement from B&N...

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking" [Jerry Seinfeld]
Correspondent
growlingraven
0 Kudos

I was fooled by that advertisement also. If you click on it, it brings you to a site for general pc technical help.

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

growlingraven wrote:

I was fooled by that advertisement also. If you click on it, it brings you to a site for general pc technical help.

You mean it's NOT for the Nookl?  It's a !@#$%^&  ad??!

Not pleased with B&N  :smileymad:

On the other hand my laptop is acting up...could use some help...is it free?  (yeah, right!)

Another shattered illusion... :smileysad:

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

I don't see it, either.  Maybe it's underground testing, just being rolled out to a small test population.  :smileysurprised:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

My neck is starting to hurt from all this looking to the right and not seeing anything different than usual.

ABthree

AlanNJ wrote:

My neck is starting to hurt from all this looking to the right and not seeing anything different than usual.

Spare your neck -- swivel the monitor.

-- St. Basil the Great+
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

ABthree wrote:

AlanNJ wrote:

Spare your neck -- swivel the monitor.

Maybe my monitor just isn't big enough.  It's only a 24" screen.  Maybe the message is more off to the right.

Wordsmith
shilohMD
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

Hmmmm...sounds like a political statement... :smileywink:

ABthree
0 Kudos

shilohMD wrote:

AlanNJ wrote:

Only to be expected.  He lives in New Jersey:  since the last election, it's ALL Right there!  :smileyvery-happy:

-- St. Basil the Great+
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

ABthree wrote:

shilohMD wrote:

AlanNJ wrote:

Only to be expected.  He lives in New Jersey:  since the last election, it's ALL Right there!  :smileyvery-happy:

Not through any fault of mine.  Trust me.  Next time I'll take a picture of my lawn sign for proof if you want... :smileyhappy:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 774 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: