Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
StubbornBasset
0 Kudos

Horizontal lines on nook screen

In the past three days, I've noticed first one horizontal line on my nook screen and then another horizontal line above it a day later. I've tried a hard reset (twice) and then unregistering and resetting to factory settings. The lines are still there. This unit was purchased in July 2010 and never dropped.

I've read through the forum here and have seen that others have had the same problem. I'm just documenting my issue here and will follow up post with a resolution once I call B&N customer service.

Contributor
StubbornBasset
0 Kudos

Re: Horizontal lines on nook screen

After I spent 30 minutes on the phone, the end result is that they are sending me a new nook. The customer service rep took me through the process of a Factory Fallback (pressing the power button for 15-20 seconds, releasing quickly, and pressing for 15-20 seconds - repeat 7 times) after I told him I had done two hard resets and also reset it to factory settings. When the fallback procedure didn't erase the horizontal lines, he put me on hold for a moment and came back to tell me they are sending me a new one.

This will be my third nook since early July. nook #1's battery wouldn't hold a charge, I am currently using nook #2, and nook #3 is on its way. Since the e-ink technology is so new, I won't pass judgement on it just yet. I'm just glad the nook has a 1 year warranty. Now I'm thinking of purchasing the +1 year of extra protection (if I still can.)

I'm happy with B&N's customer service so far. I've read on these forums that some people have been accused of sending in a nook with a cracked screen when they swear the screen was fine at shipment. I plan to fully document the condition of my pristine nook before I send it back to them.

To be continued....

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 676 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: