New User
DudeAZ
0 Kudos

Re: How To Un-Freeze Your Nook

Thanks, you info regarding holding the on button for a count of 20 and then holding it for a count of 10 worked.  Unit is back and running again.  Appreciate the advise.

New User
helloworld
0 Kudos

oh shutup my nook frooze and your not very helpful so don't even start!

New User
Gaia77
0 Kudos

Michael V, THANK YOU!!!

I was worried I'd have to turn my Nook in and there are so many books I want to get.  Awesome!

My baby is charging right now and I'm feeling hopeful.

Thank you, thank you!

New User
LouieCapone
0 Kudos

Heres my problem as I scroll through the various google links, looking to solve this problem. My Nook color apparently has two screws holding in the back, so I can not try the step of removing the battery to unfreeze it. Because some idiot thought it would be great to use a ridiculous, uncommon screw to which no normal person would ever possess a screw driver for.

So do I know need to go purchase a special tiny star shaped screwdriver just to do what I shouldve been able to do from the purchase? This is ridiculous.

Inspired Contributor
Wulfraed

Battery removal instructions ONLY apply to the FIRST EDITION Nook (which also hid the SD card slot inside next to the battery).

You might have better results checking in the Nook Color forum.

Baron Wulfraed
New User
kindleguy
0 Kudos

So, my brand new nook simple touch froze up during the registration process.  nothing seemed to work.  Then on a whim, I held the power button and the "home" button down at the same time.  10 seconds later, the thing rebooted.  I hope this isn't a recurring issue though.

New User
lostagnostic
0 Kudos

I received my nook as a Christmas present.  Here it is March and my nook froze.  It is now, permanately frozen on Mr.  Conrad's face.  Everyone said the same thing, including Barne's and Noble's tech department, which is to push and hold the power on/off button etc. as listed on this site, and if that fails, remove the battery.  But, I noticed something rather amusing when it came to the warrenty of my Nook.  If you take off the back cover and remove the battery, it voids the warranty as this action is NOT indicated in the user's manual and thus voids the warranty.  Read the fine print of the warranty included in your user's manual to confirm this. 

Ironically, or convieniently, I'm not sure which is more appropriate, the supposed "fix" to the frozen screen is to void the warranty of a faulty product by following the advice given on this site.  Here's a thought, how about Barnes & Noble step up, take responsibility for its line of faulty hardware and either fix a clear flaw in their products design or start issuing refunds and appologies to the numerous consumers who have had to pay the price for their oversight.

I should, of course, mention the other "alternative" offered, you can take your nook in for them to look at, and if removing the battery was the solution, then they consider that nook as perfectly fine and functional.  Oh and, if "they" (the tech department) determine that your nook is "funtional" by their somewhat biased standards, you have to pay full price for a new nook that will also freeze since you returned the old one when it was "functional".

I don't know about anyone else, but to me this seems like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen...just an observation.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

These instructions are for the first edition Nook. That is the only Nook that has a removeable battery. 

New User
KSpam
0 Kudos

Thank you!!! Step one worked
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:54 members 536 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: