Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
browneyedgirl65
0 Kudos

How do I delete a book from my nook.

Help, I went and delete a couple of sample books from my library on the barnes and noble website but it has not updated my nook. How do I get it to update the nook so they samples are no longer in my library on my nook? I have turned it off and then back on and still shows. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete a book from my nook.

Turn on your Wifi or 3G and tap "Check for New Content" in your library.

It will update and they'll disappear.

New User
CarlWA
0 Kudos

The "check for new content" worked perfectly.  So, for those not totally clear on this, delete the unwanted book from your account at B & N on the computer, then go to the Nook and click the "check for new content" box.  the new content is . . . the stuff you don't want is gone

New User
dcameron2010
0 Kudos

There is no "check for new content" box.

Correspondent
Wulfraed

Then you may be in the wrong forum. The FIRST EDITION NOOK has "Check for new content" as an entry of the scrolling menu that shows when the library is open. The closest equivalent on the HD+ (for example) is called "Refresh" on the pop-up menu.
Baron Wulfraed
New User
kitipom
0 Kudos

how do I delete a nook book so that it does not show up as a book in my library?

Inspired Contributor
robertVA

kitipom wrote:

how do I delete a nook book so that it does not show up as a book in my library?

Did you purchase the book from B&N or side load it (transfer to the Nook First Edition from a computer through the cable that came with the Nook)?

The recommended procedure to free up memory in the hardware reader is to archive the B&N eBook instead of actually deleting it. With archiving you will be able to retrieve the book from B&N's server again should you decide to reread it on some future date. IF you use the "Delete" option on the reader or B&N's Nook book store web site the book will completely disappear from your account and you will need to pay for it again if you later decide to reread it.

For side loaded books just attach the Nook First Edition to a computer with the USB cable that came with the reader. Normally the computer will recognize the reader's contents the same way it would an external hard drive or thumb/flash drive. Use you computer's file management program to delete the eBook or preferably move it to a folder on the computer's hard drive.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 651 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: