Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
SmokeyDF
0 Kudos

How do I delete the B&N RSS FEEDS in The Daily?

Hello

I want to use The Daily. The problem is I cant figure out how to delete the B&N RSS FEEDS. I dont want to read B&N's feeds, I have a short list of my own RSS FEEDS which I do read daily on my PC. I want to use my nook instead.

So how do I delete the B&N RSS FEEDS in The Daily and replace them with my own?

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete the B&N RSS FEEDS in The Daily?

You can't.  the Nook is not an RSS reader.  The Daily is strictly for B&N provided content.  

Contributor
SmokeyDF

[ Edited ]

But the "The Daily" IS a feed reader. The problem is I can't find out how to delete the RSS feeds that Barnes and Noble publishes. And I also can't figure out how to put my own RSS feeds in their place.

It says right on the nook that they are RSS Feeds. Besides, its only logical to have a RSS Reader considering its a reading device with internet connectivity. Not like its asking for a web browser, or games, or a music player or anything - those are things that a reader device doesnt need. Besides, RSS is too common and too widely supported to be ignored here, especially the full article feeds that many great sites provide.

What? Is Barnes & Noble some bratty kid saying "You can read RSS all you like, but only MY RSS"?

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

SmokeyDF wrote:

But the "The Daily" IS a feed reader. The problem is I can't find out how to delete the RSS feeds that Barnes and Noble publishes. And I also can't figure out how to put my own RSS feeds in their place.

You can't do it.  The Daily is B&N's daily blogs, and only the blogs that they choose to "push" to us.  (Not really the right word, but best I've got.)  You can't add other RSS feeds to The Daily.  This feature has been requested in the Next version threads, but it's not a feature. It might be in v1.6, it might not be.  We don't know.

Frequent Contributor
The_Dark_Clown
0 Kudos

Plus I still have the Welcome to your Nook thing by Dave Barry that I read six months ago and can't figure out how to get rid of.  I have stopped going to the Daily thing.  It is useless and a waste of space.

Contributor
nmhall
0 Kudos

Yeah, I think the Daily was a great idea that never saw the execution it was supposed to have, as envisioned by its software developer. Hell, I'd even put up with B&N's feeds in there if I could add my own. I know I'd read them more often if I could have my feeds in there. As it is right now though, it's just kind of junkware.

New User
Capn_Pat
0 Kudos

If the articles can't be deleted do they at least expire?  Will these stay on my NOOK until the end of time?  I only bought a 4GB SD, should I plan on getting something bigger?? Capn_Pat

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

You get new blogs everyday - or every time connect to 3G/Wifi.  The old ones disappear and are replaced with that day's content.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Except for Dave Berry. He may be with you until the end of time...

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Correspondent
rfruth
0 Kudos

I still have Dave Barry's "Your New NOOK" - a waste of space & bandwidth IMO, but its dated today ... 

N1E - HD+ soon ?
Reader 2
Op_Hy
0 Kudos

I don't know about everyone else, but I stay connected and my "old" feeds do not disappear. I get the new ones, maybe a couple a day. I would like to be able to integrate my own feeds as well.  

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

You want your own feeds, use Google Reader  http://www.google.com/reader  using the web browser.  It is a great feed reader, and keeps in sync with all your other devices and computers because it is a free google service.  

Requires wifi.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 53 members 558 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: