Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
KeithK
0 Kudos

How do I delete the Free Books That Came With The Nook

I wan to delete Dracula, Little Woman & Pride & Predudice. I don't want them on My noot they are something I have no interest in reading.

Frequent Contributor
soylentgeek
0 Kudos

Re: How do I delete the Free Books That Came With The Nook

You can either set them to archive, or you can go to your eBook library here on the website and delete them from your library so they will not show up on your nook.

On your My Account page, click on "My eBook Library" and you will see a list of your eBooks. For each one that you do not want to appear on your nook you can click "archive" and it will be moved to the archive. When you check for new B&N content on your nook, it should synchronize and remove the item from the nook.

It's really not necessary to delete the items from "My eBook Library" since they don't cost you anything and are not going to prevent you from adding more books to your library.

Frequent Contributor
Titans95
0 Kudos

As it says in the manual, you can either "archive" the content from your nook (in which case you still have the book in your online library and can unarchive at any time) or you can "delete" the content using B&N online.  Look it up in the manual for details.

Frequent Contributor
four0six
0 Kudos

Before you delete, be sure to hook up your nook to your computer.  Once it shows up as a drive, double click it.  In there, you should see the folder "My B&N" or something.  In that folder, copy all of the books to a location on your computer so you have them.

Then, make sure you EJECT "Right click the Nook 'Drive' after you closed out of all the windows and hit Eject".  After that, right click again, and from that same previous menu hit "Safely Remove".

Now, go online and do as the above posters said.  Hope that helps :smileyhappy:.

Frequent Contributor
Titans95
0 Kudos

four0six wrote:

Before you delete, be sure to hook up your nook to your computer.  Once it shows up as a drive, double click it.  In there, you should see the folder "My B&N" or something.  In that folder, copy all of the books to a location on your computer so you have them.

Then, make sure you EJECT "Right click the Nook 'Drive' after you closed out of all the windows and hit Eject".  After that, right click again, and from that same previous menu hit "Safely Remove".

Now, go online and do as the above posters said.  Hope that helps :smileyhappy:.

You don't have to do this if you do it online at B&N.com.  It will sync wirelessly (assuming you don't have airplane mode on and have connectivity).

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 23 members 545 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: