Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
MySweetGordon
0 Kudos

How do I download music via USB to my Nook?

I am having trouble figuring out how to get the music from my music files to my Nook. I have the Nook plugged in via USB but how do I transfer the music over ?? HELP!!

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

Re: How do I download music via USB to my Nook?

You have to transfer your files to the folder called, "my music."  Make sure that your music files are in MP3 format.  Otherwise, they will not work on nook. 

Contributor
MySweetGordon
0 Kudos

I finally got that figured out about it having to be MP3. All the files I was trying to download were MP4. My fault on that.Thanks!!

New User
sammAZ
0 Kudos

New User
Librarian2007
0 Kudos

Okay, I'm new to the Nook, but am not a computer-tard! This thing is getting the best of me! I plugged in the USB to my laptop to load music. I have a screen on the Nook that shows the USB cable and a statement that reads,

"If you want to use your nook and continue charging, please choose Eject or Unmount from  the menu for the nook drive on your computer. If your nook also has a microSD card, eject that drive too."

All I want to do is load some music not build a land-bridge to Hawaii!

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Ignore that message.  You want that message if you plan to add things to the device.

Get your music ready, make sure it's mp3, and drag it to the NOOK Icon in the list of drives in My Computer.  I've only added music once, and it was just so I could test the mp3 player, so it was only a few songs.  I'm pretty sure you just want them in the My Music folder, but I'm sure that part is in a manual somewhere.

When you're done doing your thing with your music, just right click on the NOOK icon in the My Computer list.  Eject it. (The manual says "Safely Remove" is okay, too, but it never seems to work for me.)

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple

Librarian2007 wrote:

Okay, I'm new to the Nook, but am not a computer-tard! This thing is getting the best of me! I plugged in the USB to my laptop to load music. I have a screen on the Nook that shows the USB cable and a statement that reads,

"If you want to use your nook and continue charging, please choose Eject or Unmount from  the menu for the nook drive on your computer. If your nook also has a microSD card, eject that drive too."

All I want to do is load some music not build a land-bridge to Hawaii!

All that message means is that your nook is mounted on your computer as an external drive.  This is what allows you to transfer files back and forth.  If you want to use your nook (as in, read from it) while plugged into your computer for charging, you need to eject it properly.

You need to eject it properly whenever you want to disconnect it.

New User
whisperJAS
0 Kudos

Reader
Sophia7
0 Kudos

OMG! That was the easiest advice on getting music on my Nook! I had been trying to figure that out for days. The same thing hapened to me. THANKS!

New User
minipoodle1
0 Kudos

I would like to download music to my nook and i have no idea how to do it

New User
b2SF
0 Kudos

Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

B2, read the other posts in this thread.  The instructions are there.

UNLESS you're talking about a Nook Simple Touch (N2E) because that can't play music; notice how there are no speakers and there's no headphone jack?

New User
chowmain
0 Kudos

how do i down load music to my nook i dont understand what im doing if someone can help that would be great thanks hilary

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Given the year WHICH Nook do you have? This forum is specific to the original model that is two years old! The method likely changed on the newer models. On the N1 connect to computer via USB, open the "Nook" "drive" (if you have an SD card you can also open that) then drag&drop the MP3 files into "my documents" on the device. The HD/HD+ actually have directories labeled by content (but also do not show as "drives")
Baron Wulfraed
New User
sugarbear40
0 Kudos

How do I transfer music from my computer to my nook HD+

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

sugarbear40 wrote:

How do I transfer music from my computer to my nook HD+

Ask this in the HD/HD+ board.

New User
msellie33
0 Kudos

i dont know if itunes is mp3?

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

msellie33 wrote:

i dont know if itunes is mp3?

I don't either, but on my Android and Windows systems the mp3 music files all have the ".mp3" file extension. Most were ripped from my CDs by Windows Media Player.

New User
krance
0 Kudos

Hi! The users guide on page 127 showed me what to do. As I remember on your top right corner when you enter library. My stuff, files & you'll see whatever you transfer from your PC to your nook.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 28 members 650 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: