Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
MiDamOp
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete eBooks from the Nook

You can delete the eBooks and sample books in your online account through the computer. Go into your library of books and click delete.  Sync your nook and your account on the laptop. Sign off and your books will be deleted.

Contributor
MamaRoc
0 Kudos

How do you delete some of the music?

No tabs come up in My Library for my music. I have too much and can't download many more books.

New User
kierraaaron
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete eBooks from the Nook

Hey thanks so much, your right its works.

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Re: How do you delete some of the music?

[ Edited ]

MamaRoc wrote:

No tabs come up in My Library for my music. I have too much and can't download many more books.

Where are you looking for tabs? Too much music?  Is it a Nook classic or Nookcolor?

If you want to remove music files, connect the Nook to your computer, navigate to the files and delete.

They should be in the Nook's "my music" folder.

See pages 159 & 163 of the User Guide.

Contributor
MamaRoc
0 Kudos

Someone asked me to look for tabs - I have a Nook not NookColor - I did hook it up but there are confusing instructions on the Nook display to understand.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MamaRoc wrote:

Someone asked me to look for tabs - I have a Nook not NookColor - I did hook it up but there are confusing instructions on the Nook display to understand.

Tap twice on the "n"  on the black bar between the two screens. (Tap once to wake up a darkened color screen) and this will take you to your "home" screen with the tabs.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
MikeF_NJ
0 Kudos

MamaRoc wrote:

You can ignore the instructions on your Nook display while it is connected to your computer.  They just tell you how to properly disconnect it once you are done working with the files on the Nook.  Otherwise, once you hook up the Nook to your computer, you can use Windows Explorer to find the "My Music" folder on you Nook so you  can delete your music.

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

MamaRoc wrote:

Does your display have an image of a USB cable with this text below?

"If you want to use  your NOOK and continue charging......"

It is confusing, what it means is that the Nook is now connected to your computer like a removeable drive.  In this mode you can use your computer to transfer files to and from the Nook, but you cannot use the Nook to read, etc.  If you choose to eject, but leave the cable connected to the computer, you can then use the Nook for reading and charge the Nook at the same time.

I have no idea what they meant by "tabs".

You can delete or add music when the Nook is connected to the computer via USB and the image of a cable and the above are on the Nook's screen.  The file management is done with your computer, when finished, eject the Nook.

New User
tp651175
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook??

How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook??

New User
tp651175
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook???

How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook????

Contributor
LiaCarmella
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook???

Please try to back read the previous posts.

Unfortunately you cannot delete a book directly from the nook.

You must log in to bn.com and go to My Nook Library

There is an option for you delete the book and it will be deleted.

Hope it helps.

- Jack

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook

Can't do it from nook. Log onto our account from home computer. Go to my account. Go to my nook library. Each listing gives an option to archive or to delete. I've only done this with samples but works. If this dows not work then u will have to archive it
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
New User
Lady_Malfoy
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook? Already deleted them from my online library

I tried that - I deleted the books I wanted to permanently be deleted while I was logged into my B&N account online. They disappeared from my online library, but remain on my Nook. Does anyone know how I can delete them out of my Nook?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: How do you Delete ebooks from the Nook? Already deleted them from my online library

Lady_Malfoy wrote:

I tried that - I deleted the books I wanted to permanently be deleted while I was logged into my B&N account online. They disappeared from my online library, but remain on my Nook. Does anyone know how I can delete them out of my Nook?

Have you connected your Nook via WiFi or 3g and tapped check for new content?

New User
Lady_Malfoy
0 Kudos

No - I haven't tried that yet - What a great idea! I'll do that at my Barnes & Noble today - was going there anyways for something. Thanks for the terrific idea! I really appreciate it. You're the best!

New User
94brandi
0 Kudos

i have a book i would like to delete out. how do i do that ?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike

94brandi for pete's sake how can you jump on to the tail end of a four page thread and ask the exact same question that started the thread?? Read the thread before rushing to post!!
New User
Mike27MB
0 Kudos

Go to nook.com/setup and edit your library from there.  If you are trying to edit your documents, you can do that by connecting your nook to a computer and deleting files.

Reader
Love2ReadAR
0 Kudos

How do I delete sample books from my nook?

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Love2ReadAR wrote:

How do I delete sample books from my nook?

It must be done from within your online BN library.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 32 members 267 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: