New User
Kingfan72
0 Kudos

How do you change your e-mail address on your nook?

I've had my nook for several months and my nook is registered with my old e-mail address.  I have a new e-mail address on my B&N account and I can't seem to understand how to change my nook's e-mail address.  When I go to purchase new books from the store it says I have an invalid e-mail address.  I try typing in the new e-mail address and password and it comes back and says "your nook is already registered". I tried going to settings/device/edit profile, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change your e-mail address there you can only change your name and nook's name. Please help!!

New User
Kingfan72
0 Kudos

Re: How do you change your e-mail address on your nook?

For anyone that has this problem in the future:

Reset your e-mail on your B&N account to the e-mail address associated with your nook's e-mail address.  Then you can unregister your nook and then change your e-mail on your B&N account back to your new address.  And then you can re-register your nook using your new address and password.  Re-registering your nook doesn't mean you will lose all of your info. either!

New User
lovetoreadPT

This was the best information ever, wish b&n tech support was this clear with their instructions. 

New User
yelkenli
0 Kudos

I am looking through my nook simple touch, and see the screen that allows you to erase and de-register.

where is the page for un-registering? 

or do you mean de-register when you say un-register above, and have to erase all data in order to do this procedure?

Thanks

New User
yelkenli
0 Kudos

i just got off the phone with BN support.  you have to de-register the device.  this requires erasing the device.  you then have to set up the wifi and everything else. 

i spent way too much time on this, just to change an email address.  BN should change this.  it should not require such a drastic step as erasing the device. 

oh, and now my account is locked out.  not sure why.  negative points for BN for all this. 

Frequent Contributor
geertm

[ Edited ]

In this case your e-mail address is not used as an email address. It is the login name of your B&N account. You cannot change the login name of the account with a device still attached to it.

So first you unregister your Nook. Then change the login name (email address) of the account. The register your Nook with the new login name.

As for being locked out of your account. Did you already change the email address of your account? In that case the Nook cannot connect because the login name of the account was changed. Change the email address back to the old one, and the Nook will connect.

I would also like to add that you could have read all this in the user manual.

New User
janissue
0 Kudos

I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a tech trying to get my email changed on my nook with no results. When I tried to change back to the old email on Bn.com, it would not recognize that address. I was trying to purchase the "free Friday" selection and finally had to go on-line to do it and now I have it on my phone and my tablet but not my nook. So am I stuck with just reading what I already have on my nook and then just tossing it?
Frequent Contributor
geertm

janissue wrote:
I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a tech trying to get my email changed on my nook with no results. When I tried to change back to the old email on Bn.com, it would not recognize that address. I was trying to purchase the "free Friday" selection and finally had to go on-line to do it and now I have it on my phone and my tablet but not my nook. So am I stuck with just reading what I already have on my nook and then just tossing it?

This is what you have to do:

1. On the B&N website login to your B&N account with the new e-mail address.

2. Then in your account settings change the e-mail address back to the old address.

3. Now your Nook can connect again with your B&N account. With your Nook now connected again you can deregister it, that will erase the registration on B&N's server.

4. On the B&N website login to your B&N account with the old e-mail address, then in the account settings change the e-mail address back to the new one.

5. Now register you Nook again with the new e-mail address.

New User
KailaS
0 Kudos

Took mine to Band N store.  Person there told me I should never have changed the email addy and then walked away. Asked someone else at store about how to access books I just had purchased online when the Nook no longer recognized me and she said I could read the books on my computer. Really? 

I came home, picked up the tablet I just has purchased as a gift, and returned it to B and N. I now am a Kindle convert. This issue should have been fixed. And support in the stores should know how to deal with the original Nook e-reader. How disappointing.

Reader
Arvada_CO
0 Kudos

I agree it's not convenient to have to go into your account on BN.com and change back to the old password, de-register you nook, change to your new email address, then re-register your nook.  But it worked and all my books and settings were preserved.  We should be able to do this on the nook using our BN passwords.  But it really only took a few minutes to do.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:40 members 407 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: