Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Lumberjack

How do you delete web bookmarks off the nook?

Simply put my girlfriend got a hold of my nook and bookmarked/favorites a couple... embarrassing websites lol  I thought it was funny until now because I can't find a way to delete them and that makes me afraid to take it to work.   I searched the forums by advanced search, Google, and hooked my nook to my laptop and still can't find out how to do this.  Please help!

Inspired Correspondent
apetit
0 Kudos

Re: How do you delete web bookmarks off the nook?

Lumberjack wrote:

Simply put my girlfriend got a hold of my nook and bookmarked/favorites a couple... embarrassing websites lol  I thought it was funny until now because I can't find a way to delete them and that makes me afraid to take it to work.   I searched the forums by advanced search, Google, and hooked my nook to my laptop and still can't find out how to do this.  Please help!

Page 86 of the manual for the N2E: ( http://img1.imagesbn.com/PImages/nook/2/mediakit/userguide_NOOK_110601.pdf ):

You can clear the history of recent searches you have run on your NOOK. To clear the list of search-result shortcuts, do this:

1.On the Settings screen, tap Search.

2.Tap the menu choice Clear recent NOOK searches.

A dialog box appears, explaining that this will clear shortcuts to recently searched items.

3.Tap OK.

Contributor
jumpindogs

Open your favorites then press and hold the icon for the website you want to delete. An option box will open with "delete" as one of the options. I found this answer in the Nook Tablet User Guide.
New User
Adrian_By_The_Day
0 Kudos

Ok, i got on my nook this morning to do some research and all of my bookmarks were gone. Everything. I had at least 200 book marks or more and they all somehow vanished. I tried restarting it 3 times but it didnt work. I really need those bookmarks, can anyone help???

New User
fizzmawizz
0 Kudos

Thank You!..Clear, concise, and just the answer I needed.
New User
Tiffany8
0 Kudos

New User
Tiffany8
0 Kudos

I have searched different things and have them all on top of each other and cant clear them off

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Tiffany8 wrote:

I have searched different things and have them all on top of each other and cant clear them off

Please confirm that you have a 1st Edition Nook...

I just checked mine, and there is no way a "Favorite" (saved bookmark) could ever be positioned on top of another -- since there is no way to move one on the horizontal scrolling display.

Baron Wulfraed
New User
hartbreakerr
0 Kudos

Best reply! Quick and to the point - very helpful :smileyhappy:
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 282 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: