Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
EileenP
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

How to remove borrowed library titles from my documents?

I searched the topics but did not find this exact question.  I have borrowed a few books from my library.  When I return them via ADE, I delete the title from "my documents" folder while I have my nook hooked to the PC via the USB.

When I am using my nook, the titles of those books are still showing in "my documents" even though they do not appear in the "my documents" folder and cannot be opened.  Does anyone know if I will ever be able to remove them or how to remove them?

Frequent Contributor
Delenn1
0 Kudos

Re: How to remove borrowed library titles from my documents?

Check all of the folders on the nook,  I think it might be one of the digital eBook folders.

Frequent Contributor
EileenP
0 Kudos

yes!  you are correct.  there was a folder labeled annotations buried two deep within the digital editions folder.  They are now gone and only my new library book and nook user guide and nook tour are there.

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
Titans95
0 Kudos

To avoid having to do this every time, just click on the book in your nook (using ADE) and choose "return borrowed item".  That will remove it from your nook.  You can remove it from your ADE library on your computer using the same thing.  I do this as a matter of course even though books automatically expire at the end of the lending period since it cleans up my nook and ADE libraries, and it returns the book early to the library so that someone else can check it out.  If I hang onto the book for the entire time, nobody is getting the benefit of the book -- I'm done with it and the library can't lend it to another patron.  Libraries have so few licenses for e-books that every early return helps!

B&N Bookseller
DariaJane
0 Kudos

Sorry to wake up an old post, but i'm going to try the whole library thing soon...I was wondering what exactly happens on the nook when a library book expires.  In other words, does the nook know that the 14 days (or whatever the lending period is) are up and not let you access it anymore?  I realize that the library will take it back via ADE, but what happens on the nook?

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

DariaJane wrote:

Sorry to wake up an old post, but i'm going to try the whole library thing soon...I was wondering what exactly happens on the nook when a library book expires.  In other words, does the nook know that the 14 days (or whatever the lending period is) are up and not let you access it anymore?  I realize that the library will take it back via ADE, but what happens on the nook?

Yes, but if you leave the book you are reading open and always put the Nook into sleep mode than the book will not expire until you close it. So if you are getting close to the return date and think you won't be able to finish the book, don,t close out of the book until you finish it.  

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 1,070 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: