Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
thekidsaxophonist
0 Kudos

I forgot the password for my nookcolor and I can't get back in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I locked my nookcolor to see what would happen I forgot my password and now I can't get back in. I saw some stuff that was supposed to help me on some websites and they suggested a method that would turn it back to the way it was when I first got it and i don't want to do that. Can someone help me with this problem PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joce11456 :smileyhappy: 789
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: I forgot the password for my nookcolor and I can't get back in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thekidsaxophonist wrote:

I locked my nookcolor to see what would happen I forgot my password and now I can't get back in. I saw some stuff that was supposed to help me on some websites and they suggested a method that would turn it back to the way it was when I first got it and i don't want to do that. Can someone help me with this problem PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The factory fall back is likely your only option. There is no way that anyone but you would know what password you used.

Maybe you could stop and think of what was on your mind at the time you came up with the password for a hint at what it might be.

Good luck

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Contributor
thekidsaxophonist
0 Kudos

Re: I forgot the password for my nookcolor and I can't get back in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help but i don't want to go back to the factory settings I'll have to ask one of the associates at barnes and noble .:smileyhappy:

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

thekidsaxophonist wrote:

Thanks for the help but i don't want to go back to the factory settings I'll have to ask one of the associates at barnes and noble .:smileyhappy:

B&N customer support will likely tell you the same thing.  It's what they've told everyone I've seen who has had this issue, I believe.  You can try calling them at 1-800-THE-BOOK, option 2.

However, you may have better luck posting this in the NOOKcolor technical Support area.  This is for the original e-Ink NOOK, and most people here don't have a NOOKcolor.

Contributor
thekidsaxophonist
0 Kudos

I remembered my password!!!!!I had a revalation when I woke up Saturday morning so I went downstairs and got my book bag brought it up to my room got my nook color out and typed in the password.I was so happy. Now I'm on my nook color typing this out at 9:45 am!!!!!!
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

thekidsaxophonist wrote:
I remembered my password!!!!!I had a revalation when I woke up Saturday morning so I went downstairs and got my book bag brought it up to my room got my nook color out and typed in the password.I was so happy. Now I'm on my nook color typing this out at 9:45 am!!!!!!

Good to see you are back up to speed and able to enjoy your NC again.

Happy reading

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

thekidsaxophonist wrote:

Great news!  Now before you forget, be sure to make a note of it and put it someplace where you can find it. :smileywink:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
rgwrenn
0 Kudos

I did the same thing how do you do a factory fall back?

Frequent Contributor
Ropebender
0 Kudos

When you make your password, write it down on adhesive tape and paste it on your screen, that way you won't forget :smileyhappy:

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
"There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Van!!
New User
Heyyy
0 Kudos

I know what you have to do It happened to me literally two seconds ago. You must turn your nook fully off. Once done so turn it back on and hold down the home button or the N at the same time you hold down the power button then a message will come up asking if you'd like to reset your nook or something along the lines of that I can only help you from there Good Luck I hope I helped

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 37 members 336 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: