Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
zippyap
0 Kudos

Is the Nook USB/AC Charger the same as Kindle?

Not sure I'm using the correct terms.  I have a Kindle for which I have a spare usb/AC plug (one to travel with and one to keep at home). I'd like to know if I can use the Kindle charger for the nook. If not, then I'll probably buy a spare charger for my Nook which I just ordered.

Contributor
adspear
0 Kudos

Re: Is the Nook USB/AC Charger the same as Kindle?

The USB connector for the Nook  is described as a micro USB connector. The Nook AC charger accessory  seems to be universal, I can charge my IPOD touch and my Sansa Clip with it. Probably not a helpful answer.

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

On one end of the nook cord is the micro usb connection (same thing that works my cheap cell phone and a blackberry - pretty universal) and the other end is the usb connection like a standard usb/flash/jump drive that goes into a computer.  The nook comes with a plug adapter that the usb/flash/jump part goes into.

If you buy one somewhere online, get a longer cord.  I had to buy another wall plug because I misplaced mine. That was before I realized I could charge it with my cell phone charger.

Frequent Contributor
zippyap
0 Kudos

Thanks, all.

I don't have my Nook in hand yet.  Anyway, the Kindle USB charger description says that one end is a micro USB connection, so I guess it will work. I would assume that since they're similar products that the voltage or whatever is the same? I'm not very techie, but I do know that although some items have the same type of connections, the voltage or whatever may not be compatible.

I like having an extra charger around, but I also am trying to cut down on the amount of accesories, wire, etc.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 269 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: