Inspired Contributor
Holly_Snowe
0 Kudos

Is there a way to uninstall the software update?

My nook automatically downloaded a software update...and now my pages turn like molasses, the battery is draining much more rapidly and the touchscreen menus look like windows 95 bubble icons, to say nothing of how they've suddenly become faux-shaded and are difficult to read. HOW DO I GET IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS?!?!?

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

Re: Is there a way to uninstall the software update?

yes there is.. read the thread about 'i want my buttons back' or something like that... i'm too lazy to look it up.. but you can revert back to the old style.

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

Holly_Snowe wrote:

My nook automatically downloaded a software update...and now my pages turn like molasses, the battery is draining much more rapidly and the touchscreen menus look like windows 95 bubble icons, to say nothing of how they've suddenly become faux-shaded and are difficult to read. HOW DO I GET IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS?!?!?

Note although there is a way to roll it back, it will not stay rolled back.  Once it connects to a wifi or 3g it will eventually find the update and reload it.

Most of the "bugs" you report complete flys in the face of what others are reporting.  Some do have problems getting it to complete its initial upgrade of its database to display your library.

The new icons look like Android buttons,  guess what the OS the NOOK runs on.  The background was darkened to make the look ligher but actually they are exactly as bright as before.  They did make some changes in brightness of the display to save power, but you can change the brightness of the display in settings, if you find them to dark to read.

I don't much care for the alternating white and gray that appears behind the text selections items now, if thats what you mean by Faux shading, but don't have any trouble reading them.

Frequent Contributor
KeithK
0 Kudos

The 1.2 update fixed all the major problems that were present in 1.0 and 1.1 (at least on my nook). I just can't believe that people are whining about the rounded corners on the icons in the touch screen or the shading in the menus. I guess there people would complain if they were kicked with a new shoe.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:58 members 468 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: