Reader
daidunno
0 Kudos

Is there any way to back up bookmarks and notes so that I don't lose them during a reset?

My Nook froze up and wouldn't do anything other than pretend to be starting up no matter how long I held down the power button.  I was finally able to do a hard reset, but lost all of my bookmarks and notes.  I would like to know if anyone is sure of how to back these up on my computer or in any fashion so that if I have a problem again I will not lose my bookmarks.  Customer service was not sure whether/how this could be done.

(I was planning on building a digital library with the Nook, but when I read physical books, I fold the bottom corner pages to remember where quotes and interesting tidbits are.  I had assumed that digital bookmarks would work the same way, but having them all disappear is very disconcerting and has me rethinking my plan of a digital library).

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Is there any way to back up bookmarks and notes so that I don't lose them during a reset?

The highlights, notes, and bookmarks are not stored anywhere that you can back them up.

Sometime in the future, we're told, they will automatically be backed up to your B&N library whenever you synchronize ("Check for new B&N Content"). This is not yet implemented.

Reader
daidunno
0 Kudos

Re: Is there any way to back up bookmarks and notes so that I don't lose them during a reset?

Thanks for the info.  The online backup would be nice, but I'd rather have them make it possible for me to back them up on my own also, unless bookmarks etc would be backed up for all of my ebooks rather than just whatever I bought from B&N, which I doubt. 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:106 members 476 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: