Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
BrandyAnn81
0 Kudos

More Issues

Okay I went and bought a ebook thru B&N online and now I go to check for new B&N content and it is telling me NETWORK UNAVAILABLE Please make sure you have network connectivity.  I checked and my connectivity is at 98% and currently connected to my home.  Any suggestions?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: More Issues

[ Edited ]

@BrandyAnn81

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

It may be that the network was just very busy when you tried, so first, try again.  Make sure that Airplane Mode is off.

If that doesn't work, there are a couple of things you can try.  First, power your Nook all the way down to "white screen".  Wait a few minutes, then turn it on again.  Make sure Airplane Mode is off.  Go to your B&N Library, and check for new content.

If that doesn't work and you have a 3G/WiFi Nook, go to the WiFi button, turn WiFi off, but do NOT put the Nook in Airplane Mode.  This will force your Nook to rely on 3G, and bypass any WiFi connection problems you may be having.

If none of this works, time to call Customer Service.  Choose Option 2 for Digital Support, and describe your problem to them.

Good luck.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Reader 4
psychoreader
0 Kudos

I've had this happen to me a few times. Each time it was always a free Google book that I ordered.

The way I solved it was just to take my Nook to my local B&N - everything loaded up nicely in seconds.

Try that and see if it works.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I've only had this happen once -- I'm a 3G user who stays in airplane mode most of the time and always has WiFi off.  I was "Shopping" and trying to get to my Wish List.  My problem was solved quickly by returning to airplane mode for just a minute, then turning off airplane mode from "Settings" and then returning to "Shop." 

In truth, though,  I'm pretty sure my little procedure was not the reason for my success; B&N's network was probably just overloaded the first time. :smileyhappy:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 893 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: