Frequent Contributor
JEB63
0 Kudos

More on PDFs + Strange stuff in Library + ghosting

OK, so at first my brand new NOOK would not open pdf files.  So, I power cycled the NOOK.  Now it seems to open the pdf files, but in the Library I also now see a file "454a853_RN.fm"  from ctsadmin-p.gen and a "e485r.book" from jdarshin as well as a "Barnes & Noble NOOKcolor User Guide".  None of these were previously in the library before I power cycled the NOOK. 

Oh, and I thought the new Pearl e-Ink screen was supposed to eliminate the ghosting/"burn in" problem of the old NOOK.  Brand new out of the box, my unit is showing lines and stuff from previous screens. 

NOT HAPPY!

Frequent Contributor
JEB63
0 Kudos

Re: More on PDFs + Strange stuff in Library + ghosting

As I suspected, the strange file names were somehow generated from the pdf files I loaded in My Files.  When I look in My Files, they show the correct file names.  When I look in Library, they show something different.  Pretty screwy.

Oh, and how the hell do you delete things? 

VERY NOT HAPPY

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

stick to one thread at a time

How many threads are you going to create about the same issues and for a device you say you are returning? I count 5 now.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:58 members 470 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: