Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Moving Kobo book from laptop to Nook

They should be in the My Documents section.  When you copied them to the Nook, did you put them in My Documents?  If you used Adobe Digital Editions, I believe it puts them there automatically, but if you used Windows Explorer you have to make sure you put them in the correct folder.  At least I think that is what I remember.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

When you move books to your nook from Adobe Digital Editions it moves them all into a folder named Digital Editions (the folder name may be slightly different; I don't have my nook in front of me) and not My Documents.  However, when you open your nook library, you will find them in My Documents.  If you don't see them, tap "Check for new content" and the library will refresh.

Contributor
raven44012
0 Kudos

Thanks Nallia, that woked.  I had never even noticed the check for new content  option!  Yippee!  Now I have all of the titles in the Drake Sisters series. 

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos
Reader 4
Kantor

I found the definitive fix, what you have to do is delete the adobe digital editions folder on the nook and then do the process of unplug and plug the nook again, that will allow for adobe digital editions to recognize your nook and link it to the account and problem solved, this fix was found in one of the adobe forums

BZK
Reader
BZK
0 Kudos

Re: Reading Kobo Books on Nook

I have gone through the regular procedures, downloaded a Kobo-purchased book in EPUB format to ADE, and copied it to my Nook (recognized by ADE). BUT, the Nook will not read the book, instead giving me this error message: "User not activated."

I assume that this is some bit of Kobo code, but maybe not. I called Kobo Support and they seem not to know anything about this.

Or is it another Nook problem (had to transer an ebook to My Documents because it won't read on my B&N Library).

Any ideas?

BZK

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

BZK wrote:

I have gone through the regular procedures, downloaded a Kobo-purchased book in EPUB format to ADE, and copied it to my Nook (recognized by ADE). BUT, the Nook will not read the book, instead giving me this error message: "User not activated."

I assume that this is some bit of Kobo code, but maybe not. I called Kobo Support and they seem not to know anything about this.

Or is it another Nook problem (had to transer an ebook to My Documents because it won't read on my B&N Library).

Any ideas?

BZK

I buy books from Kobo and other sources all the time and have no problem with transferring and reading on my Nook.

Have you successfully copied any other books from ADE to the Nook?  I believe the User Not Activated message refers to activating your account with ADE.  Check this post by Doug_Pardee, there is a section on setting up and activating ADE.

Otherwise call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.

BZK
Reader
BZK
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice. I've spoken with customer support people at B&N and Kobo and no one knows anything. The first B&N rep thought that Nook only takes B&N books, but I cited your message. All agree that it must be a glitch with ADE (I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice), so I've sent them a message. More when they reply.

BZK

Wordsmith
h2oskierc
0 Kudos

Kantor wrote:

I found the definitive fix, what you have to do is delete the adobe digital editions folder on the nook and then do the process of unplug and plug the nook again, that will allow for adobe digital editions to recognize your nook and link it to the account and problem solved, this fix was found in one of the adobe forums

No to resurrect an old thread, but I searched, and this is what fixed it.  Thanks!

BZK
Reader
BZK
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thanks for the advice. You're right about deleting ADE from the computer AND the Nook, plus you must also remove references to it from your registry. Then, unplug the Nook and follow the rest-registering ADE and the Nook.  I learned this after a couple of emails from the folks at Adobe. Everything works-so far. Adobe has been prompt and helpful, so do not hesitate to ask for advice. 

Reader
Pokeybooboo
0 Kudos

h2oskierc wrote:

Kantor wrote:

No to resurrect an old thread, but I searched, and this is what fixed it.  Thanks!

Worked for me too.  Thanks so much - it was driving me NUTS!  :smileyvery-happy:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 41 members 249 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: