Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
LAJ0217
0 Kudos

My Documents Reading Problem

I have transferred some ebooks in ePub format to my Nook. One of these books opens to the cover, but when I try to continue on to the text, the screen flickers and reverts me back to the My Documents page. I have tried removing the book and reloading it, which did not work. I have tried turning the Nook off and back on again, which also did not work. I am not sure what else to try. Any suggestions would be a big help.

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: My Documents Reading Problem

To me it sounds like you have a corrupted epub file.  I would try downloading the book again and see if that makes a difference.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Contributor
LAJ0217
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response. I gave that a try without any luck. I also checked the download on my computer to make sure it was ok. I can flip through the book no problem on Adobe Digital Editions, but if I try to reach the text on my Nook, I am unable to. You don't happen to have any other ideas do you?

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

If the book can be read without problems on the PC using Adobe Digital Editions then you're right - the file must be OK.  I think I would try deleting the Adobe folder and file on the nook and then running ADE again.  You should get the prompt from ADE about whether you wish to authorize this device - obviously say yes.  See if you can read the book then.  Maybe something messed up the original Adobe authorization folder and file on your nook.

BTW, are you having the same isue with other ebooks that you have loaded on the nook thru ADE???  Just curious . ..

Good luck . . . .

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
Contributor
LAJ0217
0 Kudos

Nope only one causing me trouble. I just gave up and read the book on the computer - not as convenient, but I'm too impatient :smileyhappy:.

Contributor
dreamerkins
0 Kudos

have you updated your nook? i had a similar problem with some of my documents. actually, in my case, adding a document seemed to delete all of my documents. when i updated to version 1.3 the problem was fixed. (i was never able to update to 1.4. my nook was too full).

New User
jumperone
0 Kudos

I know this problem well.  As a matter of fact I believe that while I was trying to reload a book I could not open it corrupted my documents folder.  Now I can't read any of my books.  What do you suggest?

Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

jumperone wrote:

I know this problem well.  As a matter of fact I believe that while I was trying to reload a book I could not open it corrupted my documents folder.  Now I can't read any of my books.  What do you suggest?

I think I would try deleting the entire my documents folder and starting over again.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 60 members 736 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: