Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
shoefairy1225
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

My Nook eink faded permanently

I havn't used my nook for 5 months now.  When I tried to open it again last night, I couldn't read anything, the eink seemed to have faded.  i charged it completely, restart, back to factory settings, removed the battery and restart again, but nothing.  This is very sad and frustrating.  I don't know what to do to anymore.  Is it completely useless now?  I only had it for 1 year and 10 months. 

Inspired Contributor
robertVA
0 Kudos

Re: My Nook eink faded permanently

I haven't had a prolonged period not using my 15 month old First Edition, but have had intermittent instances when the text appears faded. Apparently the eInk spheres weren't being flipped all the way over. It seems to affect some areas of the display worse than others. So far the issue clears up on MY reader after a few page changes.
Reader
shoefairy1225
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  I tried to change pages about 2000 times for my last attempt to revive it.  It didn't work.  It's just so faded.  

Reader
shoefairy1225
0 Kudos

Good news to those who might experience the same problem.  At first, my nook was so faded it's unreadable.  You cannot make out any letters at all.  I just changed the pages whenever I can.  I did it for two days (i think tens of thousand page changes, lol) and now, i can read the books in my nook.  The eink is still a bit faded but readable.  Large text size up are ok but I'm still having difficulty with medium and below text size.  Don't give up on it.  I plan to change pages for another two days and see if it can return to its original state.  

New User
missnancy13
0 Kudos

My nook first edition started fading tonight also. I tried changing pages but it seemed to make the problem worse. I'm really upset about this, since I've had it for 2 years and it's no longer under any warranties. I don't know what to do :smileysad:

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 15 members 216 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: