Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
psycho-man
0 Kudos

My nook 1st edition wifi not connecting to B&N?

I bought two new books for my nook this morning, and when I turned on my nook to let the library update it just says "Checking for new B&N content in progress..." it stays there FOREVER. I saw on another topic that unregistering and then registering again might fix the issue, but it won't unregister either. It's connected to my router and says the signal strength is "excellent" but it just doesn't seem to be syncing with B&N at all. Even tried using the web browser on the nook just out of curiousity but that doesn't seem to work either. It's not a modem issue (since I'm on my laptop typing this at the moment with no issues) so I don't really know whats going on. Any input or advice?

Reader 2
linderMA
0 Kudos

Re: My nook 1st edition wifi not connecting to B&N?

1st Ed. 3G version so they can people off it and onto new devices. So they don't have to support 3G anymore.
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Re: My nook 1st edition wifi not connecting to B&N?

That is incorrect 3g is still working even 3 years later. If access to 3g isn't working either it is a network problem or a 3g radio problem in the Nook.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 808 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: