11-19-2010 01:28 PM
I got my nook a couple months ago and didnt use it alot. Then after two months I charged it for a week. Then thes weird screen came on andsaid I had to push they eject button to use it while charging. But it wasnt even plugged in so I plugged it in and said it again i pushed eject and it worked. After that I pulled it out of the charging thing(on the computer) and the nook wouldnt turn on. So I put it back in and kept turning on and off. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-19-2010 01:37 PM - edited 11-19-2010 01:37 PM
You'll need to talk to B&N Customer Service. 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), option 2 for Digital Support.
11-19-2010 02:01 PM
Use the following procedure to restore functionality to an unresponsive NOOK.
Initial conditions: Ensure NOOK is properly ejected or unplugged from any AC outlet or USB power source prior to performing this procedure. You will need a clear space with good lighting as there are small parts which may become lost in the battery removal portion of this procedure.
Equipment: (1) Jewelers screwdriver (Phillips-head size 0 or 00), (1) USB cord w/charger.
1) Remove NOOK back plate to expose battery. To do this, find the tab on the bottom of your NOOK, near the Micro-USB slot. Gently pull away the back-plate from your NOOK until the back plate is fully removed. A click will be heard indicating the back plate has been properly separated from the device.
2) Upon proper removal of back plate, the battery will be exposed. The following step will have you remove the screw which holds the battery in place. Using the specified screwdriver, loosen the battery securing screw which holds the battery in place (Counter-clockwise to loosen). Continue loosening until screw can be completely removed.
Caution: The battery securing screw is very small and can be easily lost, proper lighting and a flat clean surface is recommended.
3) Remove the battery from the NOOK for 15-30 minutes.
4) Once the battery is removed, hold the power button down for 45-60 seconds. This ensures the NOOK will receive a final shutdown command and discharges all residual power.
5) After 15-30 minutes has elapsed re-insert battery into NOOK and re-install battery securing screw.
6) At this point you should fully charge your NOOK using your NOOK USB and charger with any standard AC wall outlet. Charging can take up to 4 hours so be patient. At some point in the charging process the charging LED should illuminate and your E-Ink display may cycle on and off.
Upon successful completion of this procedure your NOOK should be returned to a normal working status. If a “?” is displayed in the battery icon, it is recommended you insert a different NOOK battery momentarily then re-insert the original battery to clear the “?.”