Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
slow_mo_panda
0 Kudos

NOT ABLE TO DELETE MY DOCS FILES

For some reason, I tried going into the Nook thru 'My Computer' and also using the 'Calibre' ebook helper and yet the files I deleted are still on my Nook! Any ideas?

-Panda

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Re: NOT ABLE TO DELETE MY DOCS FILES

I just hook my nook to the computer, right click on the start button, go to windows explorer, and delete files from my d (which is my nook when it's plugged in) drive.  Then, I eject from my computer, safely remove (green arrow on bottom bar), leave airplane mode, and check for new content.

Sometimes I use ADE to delete library books off. 

New User
slow_mo_panda
0 Kudos

As I mentioned, I tried using the 'My Computer' shortcut to access my Nook drive and deleted the files there but when I ejected the Nook (as I always do) it still showed the old files on it. It's very annoying having a ton of books and files I no longer use on my Nook so that I have to sift thru them all to find the one book I want to start reading...

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Did you leave airplane mode and do a check for new content while in my documents and not the B&N area?

New User
slow_mo_panda
0 Kudos

My Nook has not been on Airplane mode and yes, I selected check for new content. I did end up deleting all the B&N files from the B&N library, because they were all free downloads and I have them on my HD anyway, so that took out most of the documents I didn't want (for some reason the B&N books were showing up in My Docs!)

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Between this and your nook want to register problem, you might consider a trip to B&N or calling CS at 1-800-the-book option 2. 

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

Have you tried emptying your recycle bin after deleting the files from your NOOK?  When you plug your NOOK into your computer and access it thru My Computer are the files still in your My Documents folder?

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 49 members 241 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: