Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
cocoa7
0 Kudos

Newspaper won't open

I purchased and downloaded a newspaper to my nook. I had been reading it for a half hour of so and then suddenly the newspaper closed and I was back at my b&n library.   Now, I can't reopen my newspaper.  When I try to open it, it says opening your newspaper but then goes back the the library menu.  I tried turning my nook off and on again but still can't open the newspaper.  Has anyone else had this happen, or know how to get the newspaper to open again??   I'd really like to read my Sunday paper!

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Newspaper won't open

@cocoa7,

Was your issue resolved?  Which newspaper were you having issues with....?

Contributor
OrangeBowl
0 Kudos

Re: Newspaper won't open

I've had many issues with my newspaper,including one similar to yours. The only solution, and its very temporary, I've been given by customer service is to unregister then re-register my nook. It works most of the time,but it's quite cumbersome to do that over and over again. I urge you to call customer service to let your problem be known. Hopefully they will listen eventually and get this fixed.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 13 members 230 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: