Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
WHIRLWIND109
0 Kudos

Re: No Nook icon in Adobe Digital Editions

How do you find the ADE folder in the Nook's main drive??

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Read message number 17 in this thread.

New User
tad604
0 Kudos

Tried this and ADE still refuses to see my nook. 

Using OS X for what it's worth.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Did you delete the .adobe-digital-editions folder (no point in backing it up)?

Macs generally put things in a .Trash on the same drive when you delete, so make sure you cleared that out too.  There should not be a .Trash on the nook anywhere.

New User
trp99
0 Kudos

Thank you! Removing the folder and plugging in after opening Adobe worked!

New User
JLonBN
0 Kudos

After beating my head against the wall for a while I came up with the following fix to my version of this problem.  I have a new nook v1.4 and am using the latest versions of ADE and MacOS.  I had ADE working on my mac before I got the nook.  And I was unable to get ADE to recognize the nook so it could  be registered.  After trying to reinstall the ADE software to no avail, I decided to delete the ADE preferences file from the system Library/Preferences folder.

Restarted ADE to rebuild the pref file and it recognized the nook (which was already plugged in) and registered it.  Now I can drag files to the nook within the ADE window.  All is good again.

New User
Nylat
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and deleting the adobe folder on the nook solved the problem. Piece of cake once that was done! Thank you for the thread. I do have the 1.4 version.

New User
dlpt
0 Kudos

I was struggling with this on my Nook Color.  I previously had some trouble, but then for some reason ADE recognized and then authorized my nook Color.  just a fluke apparently, because I went to download a book to the Nook later and it would not recognize it again. 

After 20 minutes and reading this thread, I did not want to delete any files, so I turned on my nook color and just my home screen was showing.  As soon as I 'woke up' my nook color, the 'media' icon on adobe showed up.  Make sure that your Nook is on and has a box saying 'USB mode' on the screen otherwise ADE will not recognize the Nook.

Hope this helps!

Dawn

Reader 2
Blakebury
0 Kudos

This was the perfect solution for my Nook + Mac. This should really be added to the Support section. It's so difficult to find advice on Nook + Mac.

_Blakebury

New User
Lesjes
0 Kudos

These directions are great! Thanks for the effort!

HOWEVER, I am having one problem.

I have done the above steps to get Sony Reader files to ADE and then recognized the NOok Color. Then "dragged" them to the Nook file. The Nook is plugged in and ready. The files are recognized on ADE under Nook color.

However, when I eject (correctly of course :smileyvery-happy:), the books do not show on the Nook Color. They are in the ADE file as being in my NOok file.

Any suggestions as to what step I am missing in order to actually get the files onto my Nook? Thanks so much for any help you can give.

New User
plwIN
0 Kudos

When I try to download library books from my computer (which I can open and read there) to my nook, my nood says "you may now safely move files from your PC to NOOK."

Then a few spaces later it adds, "Please properly eject NOOk from your computer to avoid file transfer problems."

That's it.  No transfer. 

Also, and maybe more importantly, there is no NOOK icon on the Adobe Digital Editions page.  ??????

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

plwIN wrote:

Also, and maybe more importantly, there is no NOOK icon on the Adobe Digital Editions page.  ??????

I'm going to guess that you have an N2E or a NOOK Color because I've never seen the message you describe on my N1E.  I have no idea what it means, either.

For the part I quoted, though, try this:

While NOOK is connected to the computer, use Windows explorer to navigate to whatever drive it mounted as.

Delete the following two folders:

• Digital Editions
  • .adobe-digital-editions <---   note the "."

Eject NOOK.

Plug NOOK back in.

Open ADE.

You should be prompted to authorize NOOK.

It should appear as a shelf (icon) in the left hand column of ADE now.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 297 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: