Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
alexu
0 Kudos

Nook 2 frozen - how to reset?

I found my Nook 2 (black and white) frozen on screensaver. Pressing power button for 15+ seconds did not help. What should I do next? Return to B&N store?

Alex

Inspired Correspondent
apetit
0 Kudos

Re: Nook 2 frozen - how to reset?

Silly question:  Is it fully charged?  Charging it may help.

Do you have an SD card in?  Remove it and try the reset again.

I don't know if these will help, but do the things that the store will do to save time there.

New User
waterskichick
0 Kudos

Were you able to fix it, or did you have to take it back?

It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.
Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

Try pressing and holding both the power button (back) and the "N" button on the front, both at the same time.  You may need to hold them for a good 10-15 seconds or so to get it to hard reset.

New User
Father_Vlad
0 Kudos

If by frozen you mean that the slider to unlock it does not work, hold the little "n" at the bottom for a few seconds then try the slider.

New User
rapahelnikolai
0 Kudos

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 452 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: