Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
froggyAK
0 Kudos

Re: Nook DLST Issue Solved - I Think

im in settings:where do i go to change the time? I just bought my nook. time is off, enen after I plugged it into computer? thanks

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Go to Settings, then Display.  You'll then need to scroll on the scroll bar on the right to get to Time Zone.  Mine is set for GMT -06:00 Central Std Time and automatically set for daylight savings time (I do live in the central time zone).  If yours doesn't, then set it for the time zone that's east of you until DLST ends. 

New User
TomNM
0 Kudos

Same here, except I didn't manually change mine.  I'm in Mountain time zone, my settings still show MST, and the clock is an hour off.

I've connected via both cell and WiFi, both at home and in Albuquerque, a number of times in the hope that perhaps it was just not getting correct connection to update the time.  No good.  I *could* set it to Central time and the clock would read correctly, but I'd rather the problem be solved.  Especially since it seems to be working in some fashion for others.  Until then, I'll just keep in mind that it's an hour off. 

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Mine works fine in central time zone

New User
WizOfOz
0 Kudos

I live in the Mountain Time Zone and today I noticed mine had the wrong time.  I had to manually change it to Central to get the time correct. What an oversight not to have a DST button on the Time Settings. I hope they correct this in the next update.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 55 members 278 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: