Contributor
hpthecat
0 Kudos

Nook Manual

I am new here and anxiousley awaiting my Nook. It got held up in the snow storm, and finally hit Seattle last night, but of course now it's Saturday and a holiday weekend to boot....

I am wondering why there is no link to a PDF of the Nook manual here on the site? It just seems like people have an awful lot of basic questions that a manual should answer. It amazes me how much collective time and manpower people are spending to figure out how to use this product.

I am expecting that a manual will be in the box when I recieve mine...hope I am expecting correctly...

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Manual

Go to www.nook.com (or www.barnesandnoble.com and click on the nook tab).

Click on FAQ and Support on the left side.

Click on See nook user guide or even the quick start.

You won't find a manual in the box.

Frequent Contributor
cmehner
0 Kudos

There will be a manual in the box when you get the nook. Turn on the nook, then go to 'my library' then click on 'my documents' then click on the user guide. But till you get it go to http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pimages/nook/download/User_Guide_nook.pdf to read it.

Contributor
hpthecat
0 Kudos

Thank you to those who helped me find the 177 page PDF manual under FAQ and Support for Nook. So as I am understanding it, the "quik start user guide" is in the box-----BUT NOT THE 177 PAGE FULL USER GUIDE MANUAL.

No wonder folks are going nuts trying to figure it out. It's a language thing too...I mean just from the above two post you can tell people are confused about what is what.

The whole 177 page manual is what should be in every box.

...hold the power button for 5 to 7 seconds to turn on or off---hold power button for 1 second to put to sleep...

People all across the US must be confusing this poor little machine's brain ...causing it to 'mis-understand' commands...

Frequent Contributor
worldbook
0 Kudos

I like the fact that the manual is also online. But I would like to download it so that it is also on my laptop desktop. Everytime I try to open it up, the PDF file stops downloading. I know it is a rather big download (177 pages), but I never had that kind of problem before with PDF's. Has anyone downloaded and saved the manual successfully?

Thanks!

Contributor
hpthecat
0 Kudos

Trouble downloading it....what if you want the manual with you while you are traveling? You can't read the manual on Nook and do the commands on Nook at the same time--- And who wants to 'make their own manual' with a download??

B&N you've got to put a full manual with this product!!!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

hpthecat wrote:

Trouble downloading it....what if you want the manual with you while you are traveling? You can't read the manual on Nook and do the commands on Nook at the same time--- And who wants to 'make their own manual' with a download??

B&N you've got to put a full manual with this product!!!

I wouldn't count on it and I don't think most of us miss it.  I don't remember the last time I received a manual with any kind of digital purchase...  Computers, iPod, iPhone shoot, even my last television had the manual online.  Quick start guides are really the only thing "in the box" for just about everything and I don't see it changing.

Not to mention...  That 177  page manual was a 159 pages about 2 weeks ago, it's always updating.

I do have it saved and didn't have a problem doing so.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I agree with FrogAlum.  It's not going to happen, and I too can't recall the last time I received a manual with an electronic type purchase (except for my TV and Blu-Ray player).  Besides, I'm horrible with paper so I'd probably lose it anyway.:smileytongue:

As for downloading the manual, I had the previous version, just downloaded the newer one with no problem.  Try this if you're on a PC.  Right mouse click on the User Guide Link and select Save Target as, to save it to your PC.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Personally I don't want a paper manual.   It will be out of date as soon as the next software comes out.

If someone is having problems downloading a pdf from the web that person seriously needs to rethink their conversion to electronic devices.  Paper books might be the best solution for people who's technological skill limitations make downloading and opening a pdf too difficult to master.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

If you really want a paper copy, go to printer properties, click on the finishing tab (windows) and print 2 pages to one, and front to back; that cuts it down to a manageable 45 pages, if you have a laser printer, that is.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Frequent Contributor
jigray3
0 Kudos

hpthecat wrote:

Thank you to those who helped me find the 177 page PDF manual under FAQ and Support for Nook. So as I am understanding it, the "quik start user guide" is in the box-----BUT NOT THE 177 PAGE FULL USER GUIDE MANUAL.

No wonder folks are going nuts trying to figure it out. It's a language thing too...I mean just from the above two post you can tell people are confused about what is what.

The whole 177 page manual is what should be in every box.

...hold the power button for 5 to 7 seconds to turn on or off---hold power button for 1 second to put to sleep...

People all across the US must be confusing this poor little machine's brain ...causing it to 'mis-understand' commands...

So, let me get this straight. You want a printed book included with a device intended to allow you to access books electronically?  That seems a little, well, ironic.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:23 members 291 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: