Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Laureeann
0 Kudos

Nook Problems. Please Help.

I have a 1st Ed. Nook and I've had it for quite awhile now without any difficulties in using it. Today, I decided to try and download a eBook after reading the second book in a series in a physical copy. I went to the store, and tried to download the book. Everything was normal and then an error screen showed up about three seconds after the processing your purchase screen. It showed a phone number, and I called it. After being on hold for fifteen minutes, I explained the situation and the lady told me to check my credit card even after I reassured her that my credit card was not expired. She repeted the message and told me to have a good evening. I checked my credit card. It is valid. Called the costumer service number back, and they are closed. I tried setting up a different credit card and it did not work. When I tried to access the internet on my nook, it didn't work either. It kept closing before the screen would even load. I tried "check for new B&N content" in my library and Nada. I have no clue why it's acting like this. I'm on finals schedual starting tomorrow which means I will have TWO hours in a class full of teenagers with nothing to read if this problem is not resolved. Please help.

Distinguished Correspondent
taltosPT
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Problems. Please Help.

There had been an ongoing problem with the shopping function on the NOOKs. I did an easy work around of this problem by making my purchases on my laptop and then checking for updates on my NOOK. This got the books on my NOOK without having to deal with Customer Service. Hope this helps.

New User
Lil_Moose410
0 Kudos

The nook I have was a present for Christmas recently, and I already have a problem. When I want to turn on my nook, it sometimes chooses not to come on. The screen is black and it is fully charged. I plug in the charger anyway and the light is green. When I press the power button, nothing happens. Then, a few hours or so later, I press the power button again and it comes on. What does this mean and why is my nook doing this?

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Lil_Moose410 wrote:

The nook I have was a present for Christmas recently, and I already have a problem. When I want to turn on my nook, it sometimes chooses not to come on. The screen is black and it is fully charged. I plug in the charger anyway and the light is green. When I press the power button, nothing happens. Then, a few hours or so later, I press the power button again and it comes on. What does this mean and why is my nook doing this?

Which Nook do you have?  This forum is for the N1E, which hasn't been sold in nearly 2 years.  Did someone regift you one of their old units, or do you have one of the newer units?

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Black screen?

That is definitely not a First Edition -- which go white when turned off. It probably isn't any of the eInk models that replaced the First Edition.

So you need to figure out just which model you have and try asking in the forum for that model. Hint: if by some chance you had fully turned off the device you may have to hold the power button for four to six seconds. Sleep mode normally wakes up in a second or so.

Baron Wulfraed
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 630 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: