Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
KaleeMN
0 Kudos

Nook Requiring a Billing Address?

Help! I received my Nook in the mail. The battery is charged. I registered it, however when I attempt to purchase an EBook it tells me that BN.com doesn't recognize a "billing address" for my account. I had my Nook shipped to my home address. Is there a separate area for "billing address" vs. a shipping address? Help! I've gone into the "Manage Your Addresses" field on "My Account" and I can't find an area to enter a "billing addresss" anywhere.

Thanks!

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Requiring a Billing Address?

[ Edited ]

@KaleeMN

Welcome! :smileyhappy:

Check the "Manage Credit Cards" area on "My Account", and make sure that everything is copacetic there, too.

To be safe, ensure that the address showing in "My Address" matches the billing address of your default credit card.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

Yep it has to be exact..

Verify with your credit card company if you don't see where the problem is.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
New User
coachcrawford
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same problem! I have had no problem purchasing books and other items from the bn site for quite some time, but now that I am trying to purchase ebooks from my new Nook, it won't allow me to do so. It says I need to enter a billing address for my credit card. I wonder what the problem is.  I was so excited about downloading books on my new Nook, but I am frustrated.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

coachcrawford wrote:

I am having the exact same problem! I have had no problem purchasing books and other items from the bn site for quite some time, but now that I am trying to purchase ebooks from my new Nook, it won't allow me to do so. It says I need to enter a billing address for my credit card. I wonder what the problem is.  I was so excited about downloading books on my new Nook, but I am frustrated.

Make sure the default credit card is set in your account.  Sometimes the account loses that default setting and won't let you purchase books without it being set.  

New User
coachcrawford
0 Kudos

I have checked twice to make sure my shipping address, billing address, and all of my information is correct. I don't understand the problem. It is odd that I can purchase things online, but it won't let me purchase from my Nook. My Nook has the same information on it. Weird. Any other ideas? I am open to anything. :-)

Frequent Contributor
CAnook
0 Kudos

Just make sure that the info you enter on the B&N site for your card is the same as what the bank has on file as a billing address. If you have a P.O. box or some other address try using that. I always try to type my address the exact same way as the bank has it down such as #1 instead of putting apt1. Sometimes I have had difficulty saying invalid card if I type it in differently than how the bank has it down.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Actually there is a fixable account problem that was discussed in an earlier thread.  If you have an existing account, you might not have a billing address entered to begin with.  Or sometimes the "button" to enter the billing address does not appear under the screen where you enter the CC number.

In either case, click on the entry for your current default creadit card to pull up the full info, and on THAT screen should be a place to enter your billing address.  Be sure to hit "save" after.

I hope this helps and I hope I remembered correctly  :smileyhappy:

edit: pretty much for the reasons bklvr896 stated above

New User
JLPWC6
0 Kudos

Thank you so very very very much! We have been searching for an answer for hours! You were the only one to give us a successful solution!  Thanks again! :-)

New User
Karolina45
0 Kudos

Hi, I just bought my nook, and it says that the address is invalid, what can I do about it? I bought it in the store and not online? It makes no sence, and I want to buy some books on it and I cant...what can I do about it

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Karolina45 wrote:

Hi, I just bought my nook, and it says that the address is invalid, what can I do about it? I bought it in the store and not online? It makes no sence, and I want to buy some books on it and I cant...what can I do about it

Is the address on your default credit card in the US or UK?  If not, it likely won't let you progress.

If you do have a US or UK CC, does the address listed on your account the same as the address on the CC?

Those are the only two things I can think of off the top of my head that would be giving you an address error.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
DeenieDE
0 Kudos

How do you click on the entry for your current default credit card to enter your billing address? My Nook will alllow me to enter my credit card info, hit the next button, I fill out the billing address correctly, hit next again and it keeps coming back that the billing address doesn't match. All account info is correct though.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

DeenieDE wrote:

How do you click on the entry for your current default credit card to enter your billing address? My Nook will alllow me to enter my credit card info, hit the next button, I fill out the billing address correctly, hit next again and it keeps coming back that the billing address doesn't match. All account info is correct though.

Make sure the address you enter EXACTLY matches the address on your credit card statement.

B&N sends this information to the credit card company to verify the card.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

You may also have more luck entering all the info via the website.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 603 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: