New User
LMT100
0 Kudos

Nook Screen protector issues

I have had my Nook since March of 2011 and have enjoyed reading off of it. We purchased a Nook Screen Protector for both the display of the book and touch-screen. We applied both but removed the touch-screen one to apply again to reduce air bubbles. We found that it had left a thick residue on the touch-screen. We got small amounts of it off but the touch-screen isn't working properly when I try to click on it. It won't read it. Does my warranty cover this issue? If so, will I get a new Nook?

Frequent Contributor
MikeNC
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Screen protector issues

Where, or from whom did you buy the screen protector?  If you bought it from B&N, I would certainly ask them about warranty service over it.

However, if you purchased the screen protector somewhere else, it is likely that B&N will tell you that your issue is with the maker or supplier of the screen cover, not with B&N and their device.

Honestly, I've never known a screen protector to leave any residue.  Most of the ones I've used on things have been from www.boxwave.com, and theirs come off without any hint they were ever there.  I don't bother with screen protectors on my Nook devices though, so I don't know what's out there for them.

New User
LMT100
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Screen protector issues

This is a Barnes and Noble brand screen protector that we purchased at Books-A-Million. We took some WD-40 to it and the residue came off for the most part. The touch screen actually works now, with only the slightest hint of a stain so we are not worried about the issue much now. Thanks for advice anyways!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:13 members 270 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: