Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Booklover-605

Nook & Linksys Router

I'm unable to download E Books when I shop by using my nook.  I switched my home network router from wired to wireless with a Linksys E2000.  I can browse books but when I buy one the nook fails to download them.  The nook will finish the download at a Barnes & Noble store or on a router in a different home but not mine.  My router works OK on wireless laptops and a wireless printer.  Any ideas?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Nook & Linksys Router

@Booklover-605

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

The E2000 is an N router; Nook owners in the past have reported compatibility problems with N routers.

If you can set your router to support a mixed environment -- B, G and N -- that may solve your problem.

Good luck!

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
Booklover-605
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I changed network mode to BG-Mixed and Wireless Security to WPA2/WPA Mixed mode.  It didn't fix the problem.

John

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

Booklover-605 wrote:

Thanks,

I changed network mode to BG-Mixed and Wireless Security to WPA2/WPA Mixed mode.  It didn't fix the problem.

John

FWIW:  Make sure the encryption type is AES, not TKIP.

New User
Booklover-605
0 Kudos

I can't find any setting for encryption type on my router,

John

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

I agree with Nallia.  

Also, unless you have a B device (unlikely in this day and age) lock it to G mode only.

WPA2, and make sure the passphrase set in the router (and the nook) is at least 13 characters.

Some routers will let you set less than this, but the standard calls for 13 and behavior is unreliable if less than that.

New User
Booklover-605
0 Kudos

I made the changes WPA2,G Mode,& 13 Letter password. It made no difference.

Thanks

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 33 members 251 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: