Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Grawolph
0 Kudos

Nook and Dropbox......

Has anyone successfully merged the Nook for PC and Dropbox?  I would love to be able to add a document to my Nook for PC and then automatically have it sync with my other PC's so that when I go to another one, I still have the same content.  I know regular content from B&N syncs with Nook for PC, but don't think those .PDFs and .TXT files that I add there will.

I guess my question could be, "How do I change my default directory from 'c:\Docu[...]\My Documents\My Barnes & Noble eBooks' to something else?"  Or can I?

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Re: Nook and Dropbox......

I don't remember how to do this on Windows, but in Linux you can create a Symbolic Link that is placed in the Dropbox folder and lets you sync items that are elswhere.  A Google search for "symbolic link Windows" may get something.  

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

I know it's not a perfect solution if you're already using dropbox, but you could use SugarSync.  It does the same as dropbox only you can pick which folders to sync, you're not tied to the one.  You can also customize which folders sync with which machines, which is pretty nice.

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

Here's a link to a small application that may help.  

I use symlinks with a Linux computer and a Mac to sync files via Dropbox.  I haven't used Windows for a few years, but I was able to do it on XP.  Using them eliminates the need to relocate folders to the Dropbox folder. 

http://dirlinker.codeplex.com/ 

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 749 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: