Frequent Contributor
Docraj
0 Kudos

Nook asks for credentials for non-DRM pdb files from fictionwise or ereader.com - Possible solution

For people who are having difficulty opening non-DRM PDB files on nook, there may a a possible fix as stated by user =X= over at mobileread forums. This is what he has stated and it has been confirmed by others:

"I had the same exact problem with my BB storm it ends up the eReader/B&N Reader software had issues with the file name. It does not support spaces, dashes and such. So now I just name them something simple like "mybook.pdb" and copy it to the correct directory.

Also make sure when you are creating the PDB book in calibre you are selecting the "eReader" option.

=X="
The original thread is in the calibre section at
TNS
Distinguished Correspondent
TNS
0 Kudos

Re: Nook asks for credentials for non-DRM pdb files from fictionwise or ereader.com - Possible solut

The problem is usually not with the file names.  Calibre also did not originally open these books.  When John at Calibre fixed this problem he mentioned that the books were in an older format (202 byte headers),

Reformatting them with Calibre should of course fix them as it will produce books in a newer format.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:14 members 440 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: