New User
NerdGurl007
0 Kudos

Re: Nook is not charging

okay ive had my nook color since july and about a week or two ago it started to say :not charging: insted of discharged or charging, so i would just put the cord out till it said charging...and last night it wouldnt do it no matter wat.. wat is wrong and wat should i do?

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

NerdGurl007 wrote:

okay ive had my nook color since july and about a week or two ago it started to say :not charging: insted of discharged or charging, so i would just put the cord out till it said charging...and last night it wouldnt do it no matter wat.. wat is wrong and wat should i do?

Probably a bad cable. Common problem. Contact B&N, they will replace your cable.

New User
aurlia01
0 Kudos

I have to admit I love the nook color I was given at Christmas.    I am an avid reader and have been taking the reader to all of the kids practices, activities and such, because of this I charge it nightly.  I have been encountering an issue over the last couple of days which is leaving me frustrated however.  I have tried charging it in the wall socket as well as the USB port, however the orange light will not come on unless I sit there and hold the cable at just the right angle.  As much as I love my Nook, I don't see this as an option.  Any ideas?  And thanks in advance.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

You need to replace your cable. From your description it's slightly bent, so it's not making a full connection unless you hold it in place. You can get a replacement cable at BN or any electronics store. It's a standard micro-USB cable.
New User
sherry5
0 Kudos

After many attempts to get support, I am going to now spend the rest of the day posting to as many places as I can to warn potential buyers of the issues with a NOOK and techncial support.  First, I purchased a NOOK Tablet the most current available at the time with the warranty (THANK GOD).  I travel quite a bit so would be thinking while away an in airport, on the road, I would have access to catch up on reading--to my disappointment many times, the NOOK has failed me.  It will frequently wipe out my book selections so that I have re-download them, twice I have had to get extra cords because as has been posted by others the cord was defective and appears B&N knew about it.   And, the last staw is that I was already in the market to consider getting a competitors device because the NOOK table doesn't allow you to listen to music/audio at the same time, doesn't have bluetooth capbility and no the device is not charging. I used it Thursday evening just fine. Charged it for several hours on Friday before heading to the airport. Much to my dismay we I started to star the device it say it was still quite low on battery. Thinking I must not had the charge fully connected, I tried Saturday as well to charge. Then again this Sunday AM with a travel charge (not generic version) the NOOK version and the device will not come on--gives the message "battery too low to charge".  So here is the issue, despite me purchasing a NOOK with extra accessories to go along with it liek the protective film, the silcion cover, etc. my request was that they either allow me to get a credit for the current device or just let me get an upgrade to the HD+ and I pay the difference.  The Support has told me they don't have any such program in place--really not to give a customer credit for a defective device that is under warranty?  Really, I would not recommend NOOK for a multiidue of reason, mainly poor customer service.  I have told the customer service that since my warranty doesn't expire until later this year, I am wiling to wait it out to see if they get a better policy in place to support users that went with them instead of one of their competitors.  Just disappointment after doing my reserach and detemriing that NOOK Tablet was the better device--yet customer support brings down customer satisfaction ratings; currently I cannot recommend NOOK or B&N at this time. Highly disappointed!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Well Sherry, one you've posted on the Nook First Edition board that has nothing to do with the Tablet. Two, take it to a store, see if they can help, if its under warranty, the should off a replacement. Three, with any electronic device you're going to get a small percentage with problems. It's unfortunate, but it happens. Four, I have a Nook First edition, a Nook Simple Touch, a Nook Color (still on the original cord), and a Nook HD. ive bought my mom a Nook Simple Touch and a Nook HD, and a friend has a Nook First Edition, a Nook Simple Touch and a Nook HD. that's 9 Nooks, no problems, still with original devices, no replacements. BN CS has certainly gone downhill based on what I've read and it sounds like you may have got a bad device and BN should offer a replacement.
Wordsmith
tmr4
0 Kudos

Sounds like BN offered a replacement. The OP is upset because BN wouldn't give a credit or upgrade.
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

tmr4 wrote:
Sounds like BN offered a replacement. The OP is upset because BN wouldn't give a credit or upgrade.

That's the way I read it too.

I don't know of any company that offers full purchase credit for warranty issues - every one I know of will replace with a CPO or their choice of equivalent product.  To me, that's a fair deal in most cases, and I don't see why it wouldn't be in this one, given the age of the nook in question.

New User
Cypher83
0 Kudos

I've had my nook a little less than a year now. And i've run into a slightly odd problem. When i try to charge my nook from the AC adaptor it refuses to charge. The orange light blinks a few times and turns off. Even though the battery level is at 20% or less. The nook will only charge if plugged into a USB outlet on a computer? I've tested this with a number of AC to USB adapters. With the same success. Unless i plug it into my desktop computer or my laptop it refuses to charge. Any ideas?

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:58 members 424 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: