Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
gabbyh
0 Kudos

Nook not downloading purchases

I just purchased 2 new books and also Free Friday, and they are not showing up after I check for new B&N content..It says "in progress" but only briefly..Any ideas? Never had this problem before, I have the original Nook. Thanks for any help.

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

Re: Nook not downloading purchases

Did you use a mastercard for the purchases?  I believe there were some problems regarding this.  If you don't get your books, give CS a call and see whats up.   Also check that your CC is not expired and might need to be updated.  Lots of folks had this happen and as soon as the card was updated, all was ok.  I don't know if your purchasing from your pc or your nook, but if the latter, check the wifi or 3G connection.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Contributor
gabbyh
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response! I used Visa, and the books are on my list on the pc, but they just won't go on my nook...I will probably have to give a call. Thanks for your help :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie

I would also try powering off the nook and turning it back on again.  Is your nook picking up the wifi signal?

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Correspondent
tabascobaby
0 Kudos

you could also try archiving the book on the website then search for new content on your nook. then unarchive and search again. Sometimes this helps. But most of the time if you just shut the nook off then power it up again it works.

Contributor
Dizkneefan
0 Kudos

This has been an issue with my Nook ever since the 1.7 upgrade.  The only way I can get a book to download is to go to my laptop; archive the book, then unarchive the book.  Then it will download.  I'm getting exasperated, called Customer Service and they couldn't help; had no answer except to archive/unarchive.  Guess my next stop is the the store, but not really sure what they can do.  I've done the power down route too, but that doesn't work for me. The other thing Customer Service wanted me to do is deregister/re-register, but I do not want to do that.  I have a lot of stuff in My Documents that would go away unless I got a SM and archived to that, but SM has been having issues too since the 1.7 download.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Dizkneefan wrote:

I have a lot of stuff in My Documents that would go away unless I got a SM and archived to that, but SM has been having issues too since the 1.7 download.

Actually SD cards were affected by v1.6 but v1.7 has seemingly repaired that FUBAR.

I don't think you should necessarily have to buy an SD card, move things from your main memory and then lose your shelves (which will happen if you unregister/reregister) but v1.7 fixed the SD card issue.  [I was one who v1.6 FUBARed, so I'm pretty confident saying it's fixed.]

I have been able to download, open and read new free books and paid for books since v1.7, FWIW, although that's probably not any consolation...   

New User
Santa_Cruz_Gal
0 Kudos

I've had the Nook since December.  From day one I cannot download.  I've had to go to the store each time.  I cannot even download right outside a BN store,even though WiFi is working.  In the store they  turn off/on.  The last time they unregistered and registered.  I did not losse any of my data.  My own pictures even stayed.  It works for them.  I never thought about  archiving and then putting back into the library.  I'll try that next.

I was using nook apps on my laptop for some time prior to receiving the Nook as a gift.  I wish I had never gotten it.  Would rather had gotten an IPad and then use the apps to read.  I am very disappointed in the nook.

New User
kaylalovell
0 Kudos

I am having a similar problem. I just bought a new nookbook on here earlier today and I am trying to get it to download onto my nook but I am not sure how to do this.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

kaylalovell wrote:

I am having a similar problem. I just bought a new nookbook on here earlier today and I am trying to get it to download onto my nook but I am not sure how to do this.

Which Nook do you have? 

In order to download to your Nook, you have to connect to WiFi.  If you have the first Nook, go to My B&N Library and tap Check for New Content.  On the New Nook, in the upper let corner is a sync icon, looks like an arrow in a circle, tap on that.  On the NookColor I believe it is the same as with the New Nook.

New User
CowboyNY
0 Kudos

Count me in on download issue since installing V1.7 on N1E.  Everything was cool with V1.5.  Sadly I didn't have a choice because V1.7, like Humpty Dumpty, was pushed.  Now I have three books hanging in limbo.  Yeah, I could sideload but I shouldn't have to...

New User
judy10
0 Kudos

How do I delete my library on my NOOK?

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Plug the Nook into your computer dbl clk the icon for the Nook drive(s) and delete the book files.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 327 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: